Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cheap T Sports

neo_4789

Hi,

I'm considering getting a Yaris T Sport. I have seen the discounted prices at car supermarkets, do you think buying from these is a good idea or is it worth forking out and extra grand to get it from a toyota dealer?

Does anyone know any places which sell them cheaper? I figured I could get a good deal with the new reg's coming out soon.

Thanks for your help

hi and welcome

its entirly up to you mate

youll save thousands at car markets and still get warrenty and afersales support.

the only thing youll get from toyota is piece of mind that youve bought it from a dealer i suppose, there aint much more than that!

theres always deals on new motors aswell and its a case of doing a bit of shopping before setting ya heart on what to do

also low millage unabused 2nd hand examples change hands for as little as 6.5k for the TS! as they dont hold their value at all!

2nd hand examples change hands for as little as 6.5k for the TS! as they dont hold their value at all!

Why is that????? :eek:

as your probably aware the yaris is a very popular car..

but its popular in a certain way

its a cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to insure, little run around 2nd car style..........car!

people go out looking for these and you will generally see them look at the t-sport, notice the higher price, notice the decrease in MPG, notice the higher premiums, realise its a sort of 'GTi' model and thin, 'oooohhh no!'

the smaller engined yari hold thier value extremely better than the T Sports

obviously the TS is very popular within TOC and i think most ppl would prefer to own them than other models??

but out of TOC its a different story and people see them in much different ways!

sorry but thats the way it is

Jaxx speaks the truth!

My 1 litre although it has 41k on the clock is probably worth around 4k if returned 2 standard! The T-Sport would be worth more than that but not as much as u would like!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Well, do you think toyota would give me a more competitive finance quote? I would most likely be payin for it per month with a deposit of around 2,500. Virgincars.co.uk have a competive rate of 6.5%.

What do you guys think?

if i were you chap id buy it outright with a loan

toyota finance as i have come to discover is a total ripoff!

ive recently doen some figures and found if i continue to pay my finance and the final value fee which stands at somat like 4k which i plan to take a loan and pay off in a year. then ill be paying aprox £300 for 30months still!

a bit of looking into loans and i can take one out to pay the rest of the car AND the final value fee in less than 24 months and save over £80 per month

and thats with Natwest

these finace packages they do are pretty crap unless you are intent on doing the final deal thing

ie..

1 - give it back and job done.....

2 - give it back and sort of part ex. on a new toyota

3 - pay off final value and it becomes yours

(theyll rubbish you for hours on all this)

but if you intend to buy it outright and keep it for longer than 3 years then bank loans are the way forward!

also if you decide to sell up after 2 years or so its a damn load easier to do so in such situation

Depending on what you'r looking at spending try the used car section on the toyota web site

I just picked up a 4 month old yts with 61 miles on the clock for 2k less than the new price

But like i said it depends on what you'r looking at paying

Well, ive got like £2,500 saved up to put down as a deposit, but if I get a bank loan and take jaxx advice then ill be looking just under 10 grand loan unless I buy from one of these cheaper car discount places, Which could save me a grand at least.

What was the interest rate you got from Natwest jaxx? Just out of curiosity. Want to try and find the best deal.

neo i paid £6900 for my yts, 03 reg 3455 miles on the clock. thats because it was written off. not knackered just one of those "under a year old, swap it for a new one policy" the car was £4750, parts £700 odd and labour was £1400. great little car, just painted the calipers red today & got sunburnt. worth it though, it looks great. just out of interest where near manchester are you?

Well, ive got like £2,500 saved up to put down as a deposit, but if I get a bank loan and take jaxx advice then ill be looking just under 10 grand loan unless I buy from one of these cheaper car discount places, Which could save me a grand at least.

What was the interest rate you got from Natwest jaxx? Just out of curiosity. Want to try and find the best deal.

loans are cheap as chips at the minute mate

Natwest is as low as 6.5% APR and if your an already std Natwest user you get it even cheaper!

earlp, mines a right off too, same situation, new for old and the old was sold on for repair! Mine was crashed when it was 6 months old so its been reapaired for over 2 years now. saved me a fortune!

Its always a problem when selling on though as 90% of buyers are put off by it being cat D! :(

apply online aswell! its even cheaper its actual 6.9% if you go into the bank!!

:wacko:

last wednesday i went into my local natwest (chesterfield) gave them my driving licence, switch card, told them how much my car was worth and walked out 10mins later with £10000. it was as easy as that.

last wednesday i went into my local natwest (chesterfield) gave them my driving licence, switch card, told them how much my car was worth and walked out 10mins later with £10000. it was as easy as that.

No gun or ballaclaver needed then? LOL :lol:

What interest rate was that?

Really do like the t sports. I'm used to driving a 1.0l VW Polo. Are the t sports really nippy off the mark? Are they all round quite a quick car? Because figures dont really mean anything. I'd rather get the opinions of you guys who drive them nearly everyday.

Thanks

Really do like the t sports. I'm used to driving a 1.0l VW Polo. Are the t sports really nippy off the mark? Are they all round quite a quick car? Because figures dont really mean anything. I'd rather get the opinions of you guys who drive them nearly everyday.

I’ve found all the Yaris’ I’ve driven are all nippy, maybe due to having 16 valve engines with VVTi technology.

No comparison to say a 1.3 Ka, which I’ve had.

They go like dirt off a twangy stick!

they are quick and nippy yes

not quite a 'hot hatch' though as they have the downfalls when it comes to things like the suspension

more of a 'warm hatch' if you will :P

alliance and leceister loans are 6.4% if im rite?

dont take my word for it tho

worth checkin it out

too soggy, high and unresponsive for me

one of the first things too be ditched

to be honest mate it hadles as good as the 225 tt, body roll wize. and a lot better than the a4 quattro. its a lot easier to get the back end out on the a4 :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links