Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Number Plates

kaz

I have a "chesrised" number plate which I want to take off my old car and put on my new one. I know I've got to get a V317 to do this (which is proving hard to get !!) but I'm a bit unsure of a couple of things.

I know you have to provide the logbooks stating your the owner of both vehicles. which is fine as I still own the old car (at present) but I can't find the MOT for the old car which is a bit awkward as I think you have to produce that as well, also do I have to have the insurance certificates for both cars as the old car isn't insured anymore (it's garaged)??

apart from the £80 fee is there any thing else I need I listerned to the tape message at the DVLA but I'm not sure I heard everything ( I hate automated phone systems :angry: )

Kaz

Has anyone seen any good number plates lately? I saw one the other day that spelt A5HLEY which I thought must have cost a fortune but I'm sure the number plate isn't right

I was looking at plates today and found the following which I thought would be good for my car....

MR2 - £55,000

FU2 - £99,000

TW4T - Couple of k....

Thought against it

Hi Kaz

You'll need to pay for the amount of RFL you need as well as the £80 (if the car you are transfering the reg to isn't taxed and fill in a V10) which is the RFL application form form. Also this all needs to be done at the DVLA... I live in Devizes, wilts and my nearest is Swansea.

Let me know if you need any more help...... I do these all the time at work for my customers.

Sarah (witch)

Hi Sarah I wish I was on the wine :D

Do I have to go to my nearest DVLA in person or can I send the documents by post?

Thanks for your help.

Kaz

kinda off topic so im sorry if this is hijacking your posts.....

ive got a cherrished plate (h4 hah), but its on an old moped which wont get thru its MOT... is there any way of putting the plate on my cynos??

J

I've never heard of a cynos what is it?

I know you can't put a motorbike plate on a car and visa versa, you can only put on like for like.

Kaz

Sounds strange Kaz,

I wouldhave thought that any registration mark could go on any vehicle as long as the appropriate forms were completed. As long as the plate size is changed when it goes on the car I would think it would be fine....

I've never heard of a cynos what is it?

I know you can't put a motorbike plate on a car and visa versa, you can only put on like for like.

Kaz

basically the cynos is the jap version of the toyota Paseo.

J

Hi All

My dad had a cool number plate on his old moped we found in the garage so one of my brothers wanted it it wasn't nothing great but it was a bit different, any way he was told you can't put motorbike plates onto a car. shame really !!

Kaz

You can change plates from car to bike but not vice versa! :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links