Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High revs low oil pressure

idislikedriving

So I was parralel parking for the first time in 2 months today. Though I was in reverse but wasn't and revved way too much (panicked as I was on a camber and it was a tight spot). The oil pressure light and the stop light came on. Turned engine off and back on again and they were off got into gear and parked fine. Do I need to get it checked out or is this likely just because I revved way to much?

Are you sure you haven’t stalled the car? It sounds like engine was switched off at some point and the oil light and the others came on.  Check oil level and all liquids and if all good you are good to go and keep an eye on the dashboard warning lights in case they show up again. Nothing else really you can do at this moment. 
Good luck 

• Like 3

I'm not sure..... my friend who had a aygo years ago said the same about stalling but I think I was still able to rev? (But maybe i wasnt i just saw the lights and panicked) And the issue was I wasn't fully in gear so I'm not sure if I could of stalled while kinda in neutral? It's a completely new car to me and I was just panicking last night. I'll give everything a checkover thank you for your reply.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, idislikedriving said:

So I was parralel parking for the first time in 2 months today. Though I was in reverse but wasn't and revved way too much (panicked as I was on a camber and it was a tight spot). The oil pressure light and the stop light came on. Turned engine off and back on again and they were off got into gear and parked fine. Do I need to get it checked out or is this likely just because I revved way to much?

I'm not sure..... my friend who had a aygo years ago said the same about stalling but I think I was still able to rev? (But maybe i wasnt i just saw the lights and panicked) And the issue was I wasn't fully in gear so I'm not sure if I could of stalled while kinda in neutral? It's a completely new car to me and I was just panicking last night. I'll give everything a checkover thank you for your reply.

8 minutes ago, idislikedriving said:

I'm not sure..... my friend who had a aygo years ago said the same about stalling but I think I was still able to rev? (But maybe i wasnt i just saw the lights and panicked) And the issue was I wasn't fully in gear so I'm not sure if I could of stalled while kinda in neutral? It's a completely new car to me and I was just panicking last night. I'll give everything a checkover thank you for your reply.

Double check oil level and don’t worry too much. Try to be relaxed and focused when driving the car and no panic for whatever reason. Enjoy your new car. 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links