Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

iPod cable

CarpetBurns

I have a 2011 Aygo Go with the TomTom unit and the connections to connect a USB thumb drive and iPod. The iPod was working fine, but quite often it doesn't seem to connect to the stereo\TomTom.

I think it is the cable. When it is not working, if I bend the cable back on itself, it works then after some time it will stop. Connections seem okay according to someone more mechanically minded than me.

Is it possible to get a replacement cable?

Hi Chris,

I think you answered your own question.  If you bend the cable and it cuts out or works for a while it is either a slightly damaged core within the cable housing or a problem at the connection  end with a loose wire.

It's not worth trying to fix it just buy a new cable and save yourself the grief .Hope this helps. Check on Apple store or other sites eBay etc for a replacement. 

does the cable just come out of a rubber grommet by the shelf/glove box ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bper said:

It's not worth trying to fix it just buy a new cable and save yourself the grief .Hope this helps. Check on Apple store or other sites ebay etc for a replacement. 

It may be the optional iPod interface, if so the cable is built into the module

• Like 1

Flash22,
There are two cables that come out of a rubber grommet. One is the iPod cable, the other is a female USB connector for thumb drives. Both of which I can navigate and control via the stereo and the TomTom. Using the TomTom is quite convenient and the only thing I use it for.

When I plug the iPod in, it may light up, so is getting power, but often when it doesn't work, there is no power to the iPod, so I assume there is a problem with the cable. If I bend the cable back on itself a bit, the iPod will come to life.

I have looked online, but not sure exactly what I need, but I'm hoping the cable can be bought by itself.

iPod Connector.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Ah, it's the media connect option as it has USB as well as the iPod, yes the cable unplugs

PZ49Y- 90330 - 00

Destructions

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{5FAB63BF-78E8-4150-1EE8-5165CE8578E8}/Aygo_Connect_Multimedia_RHD_PZ49Y_90330_00_AIM_002_057_0.pdf

Flash22,
Thank you for the info. The link is brilliant and will be very helpful. I'll probably get the one I saw in eBay, and hope the cable is okay.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

It looks like a standard Molex, it seems like a simple repair/renew with off the self cables, USB is 4 wires, The 30 pin should be USB 4 Wires, Left and right audio with a Ground (maybe 2) so shouldn't be a problem

• Like 1

The cables Apple supply with their product are known to wear, sometimes invisibly, but usually at the plug end. I use more robust cables purchased on Amazon.

14 hours ago, Donrald said:

The cables Apple supply with their product are known to wear, sometimes invisibly, but usually at the plug end. I use more robust cables purchased on Amazon.

That is not the issue here, please read the above posts - it's an OEM cable designed for use with the Aygo connect

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links