Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ooo Just Been Arrested For Drink Drivin

chrisfitton

Was at me local and wanted a light so borrowed keys off mate so could get a lighter out of his car got in car via drivers side then poilce pulled up n told me to get out vehicle n then said we are arresting u on surspicion of drink drivin. i was like huh. then they said we saw ya in the pub drinkin i was like i was only getting a lighter. they didnt believe me n made me get in back of the cra then went to question my mates thats when they came out and apologised for it. woooo ]

there doin asmuch as they can to stop drink drivers. U gotta be such a ****** to do it

Oh forgot to mention i didnt even have the key for ignition i only had the key for the doors.

If your in the pub car park though you are not on public highway - so i dont think theres anything they can do anyway.

I was stopped up on an old dissused private drive one night... no questions why please ;) .... coppers pulled up with lights on in front of car, saw that we were somewhat busy and buggered off again - asked me mate the copper why they not bother us and he said it's not the coppers problem if its on private land unless the land owner complains, so they were probly just checkin what the car was doin there or somethin. - dunno if this goes for the pub car park also?

Steve.

how can they do you for drink-driving if your not driving? :huh:

They dont, they do you for being drunk in charge of a vehicle. I had it in Winchester, went to sit in a mates van cos i'd had enough. I made the mistake of sitting in the drv seat. The copper was on his own and WAS going to arrest me. Until a local squaddie, ****** out of his head, and i s**t you not, landed him the hardest punch i've ever seen on the side of the head for absolutely no reason, it was so bad I even felt sorry for the PC. As you can Imagine, I got off the hook because the copper had to run away! It was one of the most bizarre nights ever.

ARMY - BE ALL YOU CAN BE!!!

I think that would have to be the only time I would love to have been a fly on the windscreen, sounds like one bizarre old evening...

Hope the squaddie got what he deserved....

I think that would have to be the only time I would love to have been a fly on the windscreen, sounds like one bizarre old evening...

Hope the squaddie got what he deserved....

Yeah, he wouldnt go away and they were all over him like a rash 5 mins later.

Oh forgot to mention i didnt even have the key for ignition i only had the key for the doors.

You can’t get done for drink driving if the keys aren’t in the ignition, they have to catch you driving it or attempting to drive it and if the keys aren’t in the ignition then they cant prove anything. They have to wait until you’ve started the car at least; it’s not illegal to be drunk and sitting in a car. A good solicitor would have got you off.

erm, hate to disagree but if the intent can be proved you can be done for being in control (or sitting in) a car if your over the limit.

I can't remember the name of the charge am sure they have another name for it....

Obviously dicretion is a major factor here as well on the sideof the officer other wise it would be illegal for peopl to get stuff out oftheir car when p!ss3d.

hate to disagree but if the intent can be proved you can be done for being in control (or sitting in) a car if your over the limit.

Once the keys are in the ignition then you’ve shown that you intend to operate it they have every right to arrest you for drink driving, it's very hard for them to prove you where actually going to drive it if the keys aren’t in the ignition. It’s much easier for them to just wait a minute and get you when you start the car. Every copper knows this and only a stupid one would try to get you before you’d even started the car.

Yeah - always approach from the passenger side when your trouted - no law says you cant take ubikheads in your car as long as the driver has no drink - but if you are just getting something out of the car and happened to be sitting in the drivers seat on your own with the keys in your hand - they have every right to nick you!

Steve.

:P i heard on the radio this morning where some bloke was arrested in hiselectric wheelchair! :angry: brings a whole new meaning to the term "legless" :D(he was drunk in charge of )

Friend of mine was coming home from the pub and saw a woman sitting in the drivers seat of a car, he walked past looked in and saw her head tilted back and over to the side, mouth open but he could see no movement :o , he tried the door, it was locked , called the ambulance on his mobile, the police arrived at the same time as the paramedics broke the window the woman wakened up started shouting and was promptly arrested for drink driving, Ironic thing was she was outside her house having driven from the pub and then fallen into a deep sleep. :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links