Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stellantis forcing dealers to register cars/customers to start finance whilst cars are still at ports

FROSTYBALLS

I cant think of a single Stellantis car that I'd order and wait for let alone pay for before taking delivery!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This, sadly, does not surprise me in the slightest. It has to be illegal surely. So the customer starts paying finance and after 3 months gets peed off with the situation and stops paying, what will the finance company do? There is no vehicle to recover off the customer 🤷‍♂️ That can't be right 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That is unbelievable... talk about burning bridges! Why would you screw over your customers and your own dealer network like that?! I hope they don't expect any goodwill from their dealers or customers in the future if they insist on pushing ahead with such stupidness.

Why would anyone buy a car from them under such conditions??

I don't even understand the reasoning behind it... to keep factory slots for next year?? What does that even mean?! Don't they control their own factories??

• Like 2

Totally gutless, get the dealers to do their dirty work for them because their supply chain isn't working. Probably dreamt up by some in management who has a free company car which can be changed at will with free picks from the options list as well!

• Like 3

On 12/15/2022 at 10:49 AM, davidif said:

I cant think of a single Stellantis car that I'd order and wait for let alone pay for before taking delivery!

Amen. Listen up, Stellantis! 

• Like 3

Thanks to Peugeot UK " lack of " customer service attitude to my previous vehicles known design problems, I won't ever buy another Stellantis product ever again.

This new attitude towards customers isn't going to help once news spreads.

Also Stellantis are cutting back on the number of dealers, there are 138 Stellantis dealers that are being axed.

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/stellantis-to-axe-138-uk-dealers-as-it-seeks-to-streamline-its-business/273235

• Like 4

I was of same mindset when looking for a new small car back in 2008, but popped in as it was local, surprised to see all those 'Toyota' badges so investigated and the rest is history. To be fair the customer service was pretty good, but assume their monthly bonus focused the mind on doing a good deal and making sure the car was ready on time! Other than that the car been very reliable and DIY servicing so not needed any further dealings with Peugeot, good job to cos our local Peugeot dealer closed years ago.

When we got our used Peugeot 108 few years ago, the service was pretty good, wasn't expecting much as we were only buying 2nd hand, but I was more interested in the car, right spec, colour, price so was prepared to be messed about a bit but fair play we found some issues with the car and they sorted them out without question. Again, with the known Toyota mechanicals and own servicing not had any issues needing further dealer involvement. 

With Peugeot/Citroen being out the small car game now anyway and with my experience, any small car or even bigger car replacement will likely have a Toyota Badge on it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

the logistics sector in both the UK and across Europe is facing a shortage of drivers due to the war in Ukraine. 

...so all the truckers in the EU are Ukrainian?? What a load of BS!!!!

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links