Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot Irregularity For Imports

Titto

Hi,

My mate is seriously trying to convince me that according to MOT standards, the ugly TOBLERONE things on JAP spec mr2's are not a requirement for the test.

Basically he read out to me a bit from VOSA talking about "vehicles built to UK SPEC after 1986 require side repeaters" - apparently it goes onto state that basically imports / Non UK spec cars dont have this rule.

I'll do some more digging, but its something to consider and look into...

well the tobes are illegal anyway... I've removed mine and not put any side repeaters on. My garage says they know someone who will put it through the MOT like that, so I'm ok.

if the only side repeaters you got are working toblerones then they are illegal, you still need side repeaters though of course either just before or after the wheel arch

Right hang on - WHO says they are illegal and why? Is it because they are not e-marked?

As far as i can tell, our cars are NOT UK spec therefore do not require the side repeaters. You definately need the front indicators (built in with the side lights) but actual indicators on the SIDE of your car im not 100% convinced about.

Just got back from my MR.T who passed my MOT no probs. I queried him about this and he basically didnt have a clue - useful then...

I'll try to get some more info, cos a lot of us get seriously fobbed off with duff information from MOT places....

well mine passed with tobes! and so have many others judging by the amount you see on the road.

i was under the impression that u need either the tobes or the ones in the wing. the tobes are still blinking on the side and therefore should be considered legal.

ive never heard of being able to remove tobes and have no side repeater at all like jims done. that should be illegal.

but then in scotland,..................... :rolleyes:

what are tobes? i got a uk model, some one show me a photo?

All I know is that the Tobes are illegal, although 99.9% of MOT places will pass a car with them.

Yip.. my car as it stands with no side repeaters is illegal. I just passed my MOT with them a month back so that's ok. Then I had them removed.

My garage said they know somewhere that will pass the car as is without side repeaters, so I'm ok when it comes to the MOT again. :D

Of course you could all stop whinging and buy my rev5, no toblerones required :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links