Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Long waits for charging affect Tesla owners

FROSTYBALLS

Well it just reiterates the reality of lack of charging points. Who would want to wait a couple of hours to charge their car.🙄

• Like 3

I just wonder if there is a more effective way - perhaps a very fuel efficient petrol engine linked to a generator to deliver power and propulsion as required

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I just wonder if there is a more effective way - perhaps a very fuel efficient petrol engine linked to a generator to deliver power and propulsion as required

Hasn’t the small bmw got one of those it’s a small 2 cylinder engine to charge the battery 

Tesla are what, £50,000 to  £100,000?

And for that you get to queue up for hours.

The bit I don't get though,is with the much vaunted range of these cars say 350 miles, assuming that they charge them before leaving home, they must be driving from Cornwall to Scotland for the holidays.

• Like 4

They would of had enough to get to the destination initially, during the holiday in rural areas that is when the issue occurred with lack of chargers/too many EV cars wanting to charge.

• Like 4

This is why I want something that can do the round trip on one charge with a generous extra bit of range for contingencies - I fully intend to avoid the public charging network as much as possible.

51 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

I’ve seen them queue’s for petrol before now 😂

Yeah, I had a similar length queue (Well, in terms of number of cars, not time :laugh: ) before xmas at that Shell Abridge pump... but instead of waiting I went home and got fuel a different day as I still had 100 miles of estimated range :laugh: 

• Like 3

i don't think south Mimms is that rural tbh, its the Y of the A1/M and M25 no doubt the car told them that's the nearest Charing point, wow if you want a supercharger there are not many in that area next one is Cricklewood

yes the BMW i3 had the range extender option but i think it was dropped, the i8 also had a 3 cylinder (PHEV)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links