Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

aygo amplifier

John16

hi 

interested in connecting simple amplifier to 3 button multimedia unit , is it plug and play ? 

any wire diagram how to ? 

thanx in advance 

p.s 

attached pic of the sub amp unit 6F4BC16F-7115-4E89-A4EC-66825E5B4BBE.thumb.jpeg.5b94ed48dd80a6521f8d15d61e54c191.jpeg

i would not buy no name Chinese tat

power - direct from the Battery with a fuse with in 150mm (6") of the Battery

Ground - anywhere on the body closer to the amp the better

Speakers - to save cutting into the body harness, get yourself a SOT lead e.g. connects2 CT10TY10 - and run the sub off the rear channels - most under seat subs have speaker level in

Rem - Rem turns on the amp a 12v ignition feed will be fine

click to enlarge

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

• Like 1

thank u very very much for the info ! 

if i understand correct...the left 10 pin connector is the right one for me meaning it will transform the 2 rca to the head unit itself , right ? 

and how i can tell if this 10 pin connector isnt in use right now , beside taking apart the unit again ( i dont have amp/sub) 

thanx again 

you dont use RCA, the factory radios do not have RCA you tap the speaker wires and connect them to speaker level in on the sub/amp

the rear speaker channels are on the 6 pin plug

thanx again for the answer .

last question ...i hope 🙂 

since i currently dont have amplifier connected ...it means that the lower 6 pin connector is currently free? and in the future the amplifier will plug there ? 

its marked in black circle 

thanx 

AAA8A813-C8EB-4732-890B-5F574F505332.jpeg

hi again 🙂 

in order to connect the the amp to the head unit i need those tap ? 

and just to install them on front speaker wire that come from the iso connector ? 

8F6CE187-C49A-414A-91A7-B9F4976FC00F.png

don't use scotch lock type connectors and use the rear channels - either use crimps or solder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

from your knowledge , what can provide power to the amplifier? 

a friend told me there blue line for antenna or remote (?) i can tap in ...but couldn't find it in the original connector and diagram ...

56808C7D-265F-4A03-9F6A-8EDED8E94B4F.png

AEF7EA55-ECC3-4B08-A807-9D3434049724.png

rem, can just be a switched (ignition) live but make sure it's fused <5a

power from the Battery with an amp wiring kit - 10 AWG should be suitable with a fuse within 150mm of the Battery - ground as close to the amp/sub as possible

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm doing the same to my Peugeot 108, however I have a keyless start on mine. How would I go about connecting that to my subwoofer? I can't seem to find the blue wire.

3 hours ago, charmander said:

Hi,

I'm doing the same to my Peugeot 108, however I have a keyless start on mine. How would I go about connecting that to my subwoofer? I can't seem to find the blue wire.

Blue wire is typically found in Aftermarket Radio.  For example, my Pioneer DA360DAB:

image.thumb.jpeg.518f43cbc2a92ddc068b92dea70057c9.jpeg

If you were using stock head unit, there are typically 2 options:

1. Wire the blue wire to ignition live +12.  Say tab into the cigarette socket fuse or Radio fuse.  (Doesn't always work, but certainly worth a try).

2. Some subwoofer wakes itself up when there are audio signal going into the subwoofer.  So you don't have to worry about the blue wire (but it can be picky as to how audio goes into the subwoofer).

For example:

On my In Phase USW300, in takes 2 types of audio input.

1. RCA audio cable - This one, blue cable wake up subwoofer only.

image.thumb.png.31d8031a838aaef51ba8574d677d14a7.png

2. A separate set of white / grey / black wire to which you tap into Speaker wire L+  L- R+ R-

image.thumb.png.4134ed809fc818e634ed82d3c61880b9.png

As for which wire is L+ L- R+ R-, get to the back of the headunit:

image.thumb.jpeg.d1070218a6de27a94f9f00db78e0f557.jpeg

This makes more sense now thankyou for this, I really appreciate I!

I will run the subwoofer through the speaker line. There is an empty socket at the back of my head unit that I assume would be where rear Speakers would go. I was thinking of plugging it the SOT harness into it and wiring the subwoofer to that?

If not, would I have to unplug my speaker adapter from the head unit, use the SOT lead (CT10TY01)? Would I need any adapters and have to solder to it to connect ?

I'm really new to this sorry if it sounds confusing !

The subwoofer is the Pioneer TS-WX140DA 

Also, how would I tap into these speaker wires? 

1 hour ago, charmander said:

Also, how would I tap into these speaker wires? 

Questions:

1. Are you using the Original head unit?

2. Is your Agyo 3 doors or 5 doors (5 doors should have Speakers at the rear doors)?

40 minutes ago, Vandals01 said:

Questions:

1. Are you using the Original head unit?

2. Is your Agyo 3 doors or 5 doors (5 doors should have speakers at the rear doors)?

I have the original head unit. My car is 5 door but no Speakers in the back. 

I've attached some photos of my head unit.

Thankyou so much 😊 

20240807_092708.jpg

20240807_092724.jpg

3 hours ago, charmander said:

I have the original head unit. My car is 5 door but no speakers in the back. 

That simplify a lot of things:

1. Get yourself a Toyota Head Unit connector:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004286265818.htm 

The connector you'll need is the 6 pin one, coz you are going to obtain the audio signal from the missing rear Speakers.

2.  Attach the cable in the following way.  It doesn't matter if you got R or L in the opposite way, because the subwoofer output one bass for both channels.  Just make sure they are in pairs and + - are correct (so the bass doesn't flip 180 degrees and became out of phase).

image.jpeg.ffb64d2c7f5007169af4b7f6b3b61e19.jpeg

Some of these heat shrink solder will make your job much more easier:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001885570420.html

Other stuffs should be pretty straight forward:

• Get Positive from the Battery
  • Feed the positive cable through the firewall into the cabin - check the grommet to the right of the brake fluid reservoir.  Also, you might want to remove the fuse on the wire before you do so.
  • Find a good ground to mount the ground cable (I've secure it underneath one of the bolts that held down the hand brake lever).

The only thing left is the Blue + White wire.  If the subwoofer doesn't wake up, tap the blue + white wire into an ignition live fuse.  Or Tab it into C wire in  Bob(Flash22)'s diagram.   One of these would be helpful:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005007219405718.html

(I would say Blue... connector.  It would either be red or blue as yellow is definitely too wide.)

Thankyou so much for your help , I've got them parts ordered 😄 I really appreciate it.

Are there any subwoofers you recommend that don't require tapping the blue wire in and will wake up on speaker input?

1 hour ago, charmander said:

Are there any subwoofers you recommend that don't require tapping the blue wire in and will wake up on speaker input?

In Phase USW300 stated in the manual that:  For the tap "speaker wire install method", blue wire was not required.

Manual: https://manuals.plus/in-phase/usw300-underseat-ultra-slim-compact-active-subwoofer-system-manual

(Wiring Diagram 1, High Level Input)

For £99.99 that comes with all the cables, I think its a pretty good deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phase-USW300-Underseat-Subwoofer-Ultra-Slim/dp/B089GZ6F14/

That's a great deal , and saves hassle with the blue cable ! Thanks 👍 is yours under your seat? What did you drill it to?

Yes, mine is under the drivers seat.

I don't drill anything. The subwoofer is gripped to the carpet using sticky hook tape.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vandals01 said:

Yes, mine is under the drivers seat.

I don't drill anything. The subwoofer is gripped to the carpet using sticky hook tape.

Amazing, I've ordered that subwoofer 😀 thankyou so much for your help !

Last question, sorry to be a pain: I've got the harness adapter to attach speaker wires to into the rear connection at the back of my head unit. I've got solder and everything needed for that. Will I need anything else ? Does it come with something to attach te wire to the Battery or will I need to crimp on terminals ?

Also how have you routed your power cable from the Battery? Does it go under the driver's side door or through the centre console under the hand break?

And which bolt on the Battery should I connect it to? The small one on the left or the main one which already has connections?

20240808_130427.jpg

On 8/8/2024 at 1:12 PM, charmander said:

Also how have you routed your power cable from the battery? Does it go under the driver's side door or through the centre console under the hand break?

And which bolt on the battery should I connect it to? The small one on the left or the main one which already has connections?

1. To the right of the brake booster, behind the engine:

image.thumb.jpeg.cc25bcafe55cfceb5d613c6b03127ebd.jpeg

Poke it with a screwdriver, then feed the Battery cable into the cabin.  it will come out at the upper section between the clutch and brake pedal.

image.thumb.jpeg.90a16d1fe5ce3b4bee92dbdc6ff9f4dd.jpeg

2. Literally any nut that is attach to the Battery positive terminal.

image.thumb.jpeg.ad8a0b0b3dcbade230b612cd717edfb0.jpeg

Unscrew A, fit two rings on top then fasten it.  Or even B.  Use your creativity.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links