Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo MK1 - Failed MOT due to Exhaust emissions lambda reading after 2nd faast idle outside specified limits

Asura

MOT failed due to the reason above. Looking at the readings I got, it was marginally higher than the max value of the limit. Garage apparently suggested to get the lambda sensor replaced as well as the Centerpipe and Backbox.

I haven't got the readings with me right now but will add to edit when I get the chance. But given that my lambda results was marginally above the specified limits, I'm thinking that I should get a post cat lambda sensor since the readings wasn't high enough to suggest there is an issue with the cat as well as get the midpipe and backbox replaced. At the same time, I'm only thinking that it might just be the center pipe that's the issue as I had an issue with the clamps a few months ago and posted on here and that fix was only temporary...

I do plan on clarifying with the garage myself since my dad took the aygo for the test so some area of miscommunication. I got a quote from ECP of ~£95 for post car sensor.

What are your thoughts?

• 1 year later...

What was the result of this as my car has failed for same reason?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links