Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Tesla models depreciating heavily

FROSTYBALLS

Shocking!

The bit I found most interesting though,is the part about how Teslas are an aspirational purchase.

And there was me thinking that fifty grand electric cars were for hard up folk who could not afford petrol,the early promotion being that they could be run nearly free of charge.

Or maybe it was just to save the planet, not sure if I remember accurately now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That is surprising, as they are by far the most numerous marque of EV I see on the roads.

But I guess they are mostly bought new by people with deep pockets, while people who buy second hand cars tend to want things that are more affordable and not 'weird' like the Tesla, with their lack of windscreen controls... or any controls :laugh: ... so I guess I can see why this might have happened.

I wonder if this has been in-part due to the negative bad press they've been attracted due to, e.g. high difficultly to repair due to their Apple-like lockdown, and how they have remotely disabled supercharging, artificially reduced Battery capacity and removed auto-pilot for some owners when they find out the car's been transferred to a new owner or if it's been repaired outside the Tesla dealer network.

• Like 2

Just mabe down to low winter range and a big drop in Tesla share price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links