Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cars Got To Go On A Jig!

Titto

Right,

A while ago i mentioned my suspension knocking and i couldnt figure out what is was. Well recently i had my brakes sorted all round and my mate said that the front nearside wheel is 1" further back than the front offside one - as if it has been pushed back - BUT he couldnt see anything wrong or where the cause of this was coming from.

Been to a local garage he recommended and they got it lifted and had a closer look - they confirmed that the wheelbase is 1" shorter on the nearside of my car than the offside....So they have told me to go to another place where my car can get put on a Jig........apparently they can find out exactly what is wrong with this and possibly correct it there and then.....

Anyone got any knowledge on this jog lark and also if anyone has ever had any similar problems / possible explanations for this 1" difference?

Thanks all,

Adam :help:

ah ah,,er.. vaguely remember reading something silly like 200 cars went out of the factory with a wishbone fitted upside down. was recalled, maybe yours was missed.

Come on: Dame, Matt, Jesus, ANYONE got any other (positive) stuff?!!!!

Midmotorsteve - any more info?

I've had experience of jig work...... but i'm too tired to type it all down, still at work at half 8, best bet is to give me a call 2mrw mate and i'll answer all questions I can.

Matt.

Please let me go home................. I'm so tired, 13 hr day so far...........

am now sat at home ith beer, and your right I feel better, there's something calming about a frosty cold beer.............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links