Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toy-older

Bper

You have to laugh. A young neighbour of our's has just bought a used Ford Fiesta and while l was looking at it, jokingly he made a comment that only old people drive Toyota's. Well, after making him read the complete Saga holiday brochure 😅 I thought is he right or wrong? So let's find out how true it is. How old are you Toyota owners? I will start off, I'm 65.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well Bob, I think it's a bit of a random mixture of age and car choice.

My bricky pal( 64) ,has a pug partner van,his Mrs has a vauxhall meriva, his no 1 son has a Corsa , and no 2 son (26) has a Yaris mk 1 bought from next door neighbour.

My neighbour over the way (78) has an infinity, next door to him (84) has a jazz.

A guy round the corner (82) has a 2007 focus in perfect nick.

Another old git I know has a transit flareside pick up.

I myself of course, have the Yaris with 22 inch spinners backlit with purple LEDs, and am finishing uni soon to pursue a career in pork belly futures and crypto currency dealing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I was 38 when I bought my first Toyota (Corolla).

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

My bricky pal( 64) ,has a pug partner van,his Mrs has a vauxhall meriva, his no 1 son has a Corsa , and no 2 son (26) has a Yaris mk 1 bought from next door neighbour.

My neighbour over the way (78) has an infinity, next door to him (84) has a jazz.

I myself of course, have the Yaris with 22 inch spinners backlit with purple LEDs, and am finishing uni soon to pursue a career in pork belly futures and crypto currency dealing.

Thank you Paul, I am wondering if I should take 2003 as the year on your profile as the year you was born😂. You didn't say your what age.😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hello Mark,2003 is the year of registration of my Yaris.😂

My age is a mystery, even to me, I was what is known as a foundling, left on the steps of the office of the Grimsby fish filleters guild on codgut street,in a hessian bag.

But to give some context, I bought a Toyota pick up in the 80s, with its head gasket on the way out.

I might be making some of this up though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I bought my first Toyota in 1989 when I was 37. Have had between one and two Corollas since, in addition to a range of weekend "toys' none of which was a Toyota.

• Like 3

I think I was 28 when I swapped my Fiesta for a Mk1 Yaris 1.4 Turbo* :naughty:

Since then every car I've had has been a Yaris! I think I may have a problem... :unsure:

(diesel :whistling1:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, NeilMH said:

I bought my first Toyota in 1989 when I was 37. Have had between one and two Corollas since, in addition to a range of weekend "toys' none of which was a Toyota.

Hi Neil, Would 71 this year be accurate🙄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Since then every car I've had has been a Yaris! I think I may have a problem... :unsure:

Now the question is what year was you 28😉

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cyker said:

There is a strong possibility that you have been Yarrised.

Understandable, given the qualities of these excellent little cars.

Extended therapy may help, but it is doubtful that you or anyone else could revert to Fordism or even the dark side of VW addiction.

Local help may be available from the truthful and helpful dealer salesmen in the many dealerships in your area of other makes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm 33, I've had Toyotas since I passed my test when I was 17, I currently own a Toyota supra MK4 owned for 13years, land cruiser 120, aruis

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Neil, Would 71 this year be accurate🙄

Sady your maths are right. Thanks for pointing that out 🤣 seems only yesterday I was listening to Radio Luxembourg on my transistor waiting for Good Vibrations to be played for the first time - dreaming of buying my first car - which turned out (some years later) to be a 1958 Standard 10 😎 (I also remember reading my first article about the Lotus 7 - which became an obsession only realised much much later in Caterham form).

• Like 4

tbh traditionally Toyota's have usually commanded higher prices most get a cheap car for their first or 2nd cars, until you work and pay for the nice things in life

the difference between say a Corsa and a Yaris can be £1000-1800 for the toyota

Not going to disclose my age 😜

• Like 4

I'm 55 and had my first Toyota (a 1999 Mk1 Yaris) when I was mid 30's(alongside a Caterham7 Roadsport) 

Somewhat worryingly I've actually owned more cars that I am years old!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

tbh traditionally Toyota's have usually commanded higher prices most get a cheap car for their first or 2nd cars, until you work and pay for the nice things in life

the difference between say a Corsa and a Yaris can be £1000-1800 for the toyota

Not going to disclose my age 😜

Spoilsport 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, davidif said:

I'm 55 and had my first Toyota (a 1999 Mk1 Yaris) when I was mid 30's(alongside a Caterham7 Roadsport) 

Somewhat worryingly I've actually owned more cars that I am years old!!

You managed to get into your Caterham earlier in life than I did!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yarisitis, is a well known contagious disease originated in Japan, (not China) there’s no known cure or vaccination to prevent or alleviate symptoms. Like TB years ago once a family member contacts it, it can then spread throughout the members of same household and even to friends and neighbors. The good news is that it’s not life threatening and can be a joyful experience with money saving consequences,🤣😂🤣🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

43 tommorow, had my or our verso around 3 years and love it , can park it where I want gets no attention on drive , apart from a Toyota hybrid can’t see me changing it for years . 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, NeilMH said:

You managed to get into your Caterham earlier in life than I did!

As my (then) wife referred to it as an early midlife crisis car!

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Cyker said:

So can I put you down for mid forties😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eddiefh said:

43 tommorow, had my or our verso around 3 years and love it , can park it where I want gets no attention on drive , apart from a Toyota hybrid can’t see me changing it for years . 

Happy birthday. 👍

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

So  mid 70s OK .😅

• Like 1

We all drive Toyotas and we are 52, 48 and 17.

That said we purchased the car for our daughter and we are both of an age where reliability and comfort are more important than how fast it laps the Nurburgring.

And the more I drive a hybrid the more it makes sense. Disengage the engine from driving the wheels and it can run as efficiently as possible for the demand at the time.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links