Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Increasing tyres a letdown?

Bper

28 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

I would say even less so as the car has power, weight is less of an issue. 

So my current car is on 185/60/15, if I were to go 205/45/18 (GR sport Yaris) and the car can take that size then weigh will be an issue. 

Sorry I am trying to understand are you saying weight is a problem in the last part of your post. Are you also saying you don't have to worry about weight on a standard road car if you change the tyres.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

🙂 I wont be giving my opinion and explain like an essay, make it what you will from it. 

Yeah, don't you be encroaching on my shtick!! Excessively verbose and meandering posts are my territory!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Would this be a good idea.

Intelligent tyres

Intelligent tyres will provide drivers and autonomous vehicle fleet operators with real-time information about tread depth and temperature. Continental’s Contisense tyre, for example, uses electrically conductive rubber compounds that continuously monitor the tyre and send out an alert if it moves outside of its safe limits.

If anything penetrates the tyre’s tread or sidewall, an immediate warning is sent out, whereas current tyre pressure monitoring systems simply issue a warning when the tyre pressure drops below a certain level.

When will it arrive? The Contisense tyre is a working concept in development, and several car manufacturers are said to be in discussions about using the technology.

• Like 1

This sounds expensive and a recycling PITA...

And where are those air-less tyres that are puncture proof anyway???

One thing I want to know is why they don't use all this puncture-sealing tech like Contiseal in their tyres as standard; My experiment with that Puncturesafe goop was very positive, except for the horrible imbalance problems it created at certain speeds. If they had an immobile pre-applied layer of something like that it'd be amazing, but you can't buy any of these puncture-sealing tyres from anywhere!

• Like 3

I ordered "blind", only test driving the GR Sport today (and an Excel yesterday to compare). For me, the benefits outweigh the negatives. Fuel efficiency still awesome, car sticks like glue to the road (I would have certainly crashed my current car in the same situation), and the ride is better than my current car. It definitely has an edge over the "standard" version.

Aquaplaning can be countered by driving slower. Fun fact: aquaplaning speed is tyre-pressure dependent.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2023 at 7:43 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah, don't you be encroaching on my shtick!! Excessively verbose and meandering posts are my territory!!

Yes Cyker has taken out the patent on that type of post and will sue the pants off anyone who encroaches 😂🤣🤪

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links