Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TPWS Malfunction Visit Dealer

TazUddin

My CHR after picking up, I noticed the TPS was flashing. Stopped checked for leaks, nothing. Got home the pressures were all over the place, inflated tyres to correct pressure, TPM light will not reset, so back to the dealers for a check. Also when I complained they said "oh there's a recall for the carplay unit" (new software) . Then why didn't they do the recall before I picked it up! I told the manager my thoughts. So much for Toyota 145 point check. Oh and 10th March before a courtesy car is available.

You can't get thicker than a Kwik Fit fitter. I use Mr Tyre but they are only local and purchase from Blackcircles.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

On 2/10/2023 at 5:49 PM, TazUddin said:

Just tried resetting via dashboard. Doesn't do anything. Usually resets but becuase of the malfunction showing. Nothing happens.

Mine is doing the same thing.  I cannot reset the system and my TPWS tool cannot communicate with thThru the odb2.  How did you fix yours ?

I learned to avoid quick fit and the like years ago a use smaller independent tyre shops. Unfortunately, these are just as bad! You can't trust anyone to jack up the car without damage, torque wheel nuts correctly or any other part of the process. I've ended up taking the wheels only to the shop, DIY as much as possible. Not needed tpms sensors yet but really don't want to trust that to any of these "professionals" either 

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2023 at 8:00 PM, TazUddin said:

Had 2 tyres fitted at Kwik Fit. All fine. Drove on dual carriageways etc. Next evening I have this message pop up. Obviously will have to take it back as I'm guessing they've messed up tyre pressure sensors. Tyres are all fine though and no loss of air etc. Really annoying. Didn't fancy another visit and wait there lol. Ps. I have the extra module fitted that tells me all tyre pressures for all 4 wheels. Guessing it can't be becuase of that. Has been working fine for few months.

20230210_195718.jpg

My car is a 2019 Corolla 1.8 Excel, but there is no tire pressure screen like yours. How do I open it?🙏

1 hour ago, KIMURA TD said:

My car is a 2019 Corolla 1.8 Excel, but there is no tire pressure screen like yours. How do I open it?🙏

It's not available on your car. Didn't become a feature on UK corolla until MY23 I believe 

• Like 1

Thank you

23 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

It's not available on your car. Didn't become a feature on UK corolla until MY23 I believe 

I was surprised when I got my 70 plate Corolla to find no display with individual tyre pressures. My wife's Corsa is older (16 plate) and I can flick through the menu to get individual pressures for each corner, and in the event of a puncture will show which one it is.

On 7/30/2024 at 5:12 PM, Jayel said:

I was surprised when I got my 70 plate Corolla to find no display with individual tyre pressures. My wife's Corsa is older (16 plate) and I can flick through the menu to get individual pressures for each corner, and in the event of a puncture will show which one it is.

I was surprised Too ! ! ! Corolla not an entry car, but …  🤷🏻

Yeah they had the older system which didn't show them; The new one that did show it came out with the Mk4 Yaris and all models since  have been upgraded to have it also.

It's great, has saved me having to manually check them every fortnight like I used to do :laugh: 

On 7/30/2024 at 6:29 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah they had the older system which didn't show them; The new one that did show it came out with the Mk4 Yaris and all models since  have been upgraded to have it also.

It's great, has saved me having to manually check them every fortnight like I used to do :laugh: 

Nice ! I am waiting all new Corolla , don’t know Toyota when will launch ev or PHEV Corolla ! Toyota need more hard work !

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 4:25 PM, KIMURA TD said:

Sorry for late reply. I bought the hardware from AliExpress from China and fited it to my car. 

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! 

£31.17 | Car TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System Pressure Monitor Security Alarm For Toyota Corolla Altis cross 2019 2020 2021 2022

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJPWOSf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links