Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is This?

gtboy

Ok, this engine is in my friends mr2 and my other friend and i was tryin to figure out what engine it was since he has a turbo hood but no turbo engine. Also it seems to small to be a DOHC. He MR2 is a 1993 i think. Thanks for all your help

IMG_0457.JPG

Its the 5SFE, the amercian version of the 3SFE. Its built on the 5S block which is 2.2 litre. I assume its the same as the 3sfe as it has the single cam FE economy head.

Matt.

Ok, this engine is in my friends mr2 and my other friend and i was tryin to figure out what engine it was since he has a turbo hood but no turbo engine. Also it seems to small to be a DOHC. He MR2 is a 1993 i think. Thanks for all your help

IMG_0457.JPG

...it's an engine!

Sorry, just come back from pub. Quite p*****d. :wacko:

My sons Celica had the 5S-FE definately not as revvy as the GE but its got plenty of torque. They are twin cam ( so is the 3S-FE) its just that the cam belt only drives one cam, the other is gear driven off that. Apparently with a bit of work you can fit the GE head which gives plenty of power and good torque.

however it is from the 'S' series so i wonder if a GTE head could be bolted on. voila a 2.2 turbo.

ok ill get me coat

Interesting, you think you know a car....... i guess you do learn something new everyday.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links