Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo won't turn off (and other problems)

svedave

Verso-s petrol 2014.

When you turn the car off and remove the key the screen starts up again.  You can manually turn the display off in the settings, but the Battery still drains.  

About the same time as I got this problem the key remote stopped working. 

Anyone seen this problem before?

Everything else seems to be working - at least I did not notice anything else - just the stereo/display not turning off and the key remote not working. 

I did just notice that there are signs of mice having nested in the engine area - acorns and stuff.  Maybe they chewed some wires...

OK - I took it in to the dealer for a diagnosis.  They say that it is the "stop-start box" (translated) that needs replacing.  They don't have it in stock.  Replacement cost about GBP200 (in Sweden).   

• Like 2

ah, the eco-run convertor, a well known fail point - that's what i was going to respond with

these modules have a TSB on them, there is an updated part and bracket IIRC they are about £130-140, so £200 (2530 kr) is a fair price fitted

The verso s shares a lot of parts with the Mk3 yaris

• Like 1

Thanks for that - very useful.  The unit sits right in front of the Battery so I guess it should be easy to replace (unless it requires some model-specific firmware flashing or something)?

The problem is that the dealer says that it will take at least a month to get the part. 

In the mean time I was hoping just to unplug it to stop the Battery from draining, but all I managed to do was break off a bit of the grey clip (stupid!).  Are these things usually easy to unplug?

I looked online but these parts G92C052031 and the later versions G92C052032 and G92C052050 seem hard to come by (and are not cheap).   But I am wondering whether I should try and replace it myself in any case.  

326412965_703611564776323_6057587486548819411_n.jpg

326559114_2009200275950250_7797654173842179494_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just a followup on this topic.   While the part was on order, I installed a remote-control Battery kill switch to stop the Battery running down.  Strangely the unit started working again after a month or so.  But in the end I replaced it anyway, despite the fact that the original unit had been working again for a couple of months (it took over two months for the part to arrive at the dealers, and I waited a couple more before finally getting the job done).   Perhaps the original unit simply didn't like cold weather...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links