Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

E5 still available in Devon

Trewithy

In Ireland, (as far as I am aware), E10 is not yet available. The following is taken from the Government website -

It is planned to introduce E10 by 2023 in Ireland, subject to supporting legislation.

I have no idea when the 'supporting legislation' will be done.

2 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

In Ireland, (as far as I am aware), E10 is not yet available. The following is taken from the Government website -

It is planned to introduce E10 by 2023 in Ireland, subject to supporting legislation.

I have no idea when the 'supporting legislation' will be done.

I hope not for a long long time, in fact I hope it never comes. In mho it dilutes the petrol and although they say that modern cars can cope, I simply don’t believe that it doesn’t do any damage.

• Like 3

It won't have any bad effects on newer engines that were designed to run on it from the ground up, but older engines will not like it so much.

It's all just lipservice anyway IMHO; There are a lot of studies that find the overall result is a net increase in emissions, depending on what factors are taken into account.

I'm not even sure what the argument for having it is right now, as supposedly it outputs less carbon per unit burned, but since you have to burn more of it to get the same power I'm pretty sure it's actually worse overall?? I guess it will help make the burn cleaner due to that extra oxygen atom it has so less particulates, but that only makes a difference with direct injection engines where the A/F isn't mixed as well as in port injected and carb engines..

The worst thing is, Ethanol should be *cheaper* than petrol, so when they introduced it I was expecting pump prices to go down slightly, but from the cost breakdowns I've seen, somehow the ethanol fraction costs *more* per litre than the petrol fraction!?! :wacko:

Someone's definitely winning the capitalism game there!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There are a lot of studies that find the overall result is a net increase in emissions, depending on what factors are taken into account.

LOL! Eco-loonies have low intelligence. Half the reason they're gluing themselves to roads rather than working. Time to bring back secure mental hospitals.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Half the reason they're gluing themselves to roads rather than working.

I do hope that glue doesn't harm the environment when it washes down the drain.

• Haha 2

Just now, Max_Headroom said:

I do hope that glue doesn't harm the environment when it washes down the drain.

That comment, right there, shows more legitimate concern for the environment, than I have ever heard from the likes of Greenp***e and Extinction Rebellion!!!  

Then again, if their 'rebellion' leads to their extinction, maybe they do have a point... ! lol 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links