Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Estima 2013 Head Unit Help

MAYUB

I join club recently with the aim to share my little knowledge and ask questions to experienced club members vehicle related questions. My Estima landed in UK two years ago and fitted with Head Unit designed for native market and  displayed only Japani language ,therefore I must change Sat Nav with English language version.  I bought Chines Android Double Din head unit from eBay and tried to fit myself being comfortable with electronic and wire harnesses. The model number fitted in the car is Panasonic NHZN-X62G 76051. I was expecting that there will be wiring table on the body of system but unfortunately there was no wiring table present with signal identification to compare both of them to make sense with them. Can anyone kindly share with me wiring schematic of Toyota Estima 2013 model of head unit then I will be in better position to complete my task hopefully.   

However new unit supplied with appropriate adaptor cable, and the supplier claims that adapter cable will be appropriate to route wires to the new unit but time will tell that how true that claim is. However I have noticed that radio antenna and Sat Nav connections using will be a challenge without appropriate modifications to hook new unit for those signals.

Can someone kindly share the wire schematic of Estima head unit?

What connector I need to use for radio antenna input in new Chines unit? Any part recommendation will appreciated. I took couple of photos which I will share here, I did not disconnected unit therefore still functional. 

I will appreciate your experience or advice in this issue.      

• Like 1

Moved to the Estima forum.

1 hour ago, MAYUB said:

I join club recently with the aim to share my little knowledge and ask questions to experienced club members vehicle related questions. My Estima landed in UK two years ago and fitted with Head Unit designed for native market and  displayed only Japani language ,therefore I must change Sat Nav with English language version.  I bought Chines Android Double Din head unit from Ebay and tried to fit myself being comfortable with electronic and wire harnesses. The model number fitted in the car is Panasonic NHZN-X62G 76051. I was expecting that there will be wiring table on the body of system but unfortunately there was no wiring table present with signal identification to compare both of them to make sense with them. Can anyone kindly share with me wiring schematic of Toyota Estima 2013 model of head unit then I will be in better position to complete my task hopefully.   

However new unit supplied with appropriate adaptor cable, and the supplier claims that adapter cable will be appropriate to route wires to the new unit but time will tell that how true that claim is. However I have noticed that radio antenna and Sat Nav connections using will be a challenge without appropriate modifications to hook new unit for those signals.

Can someone kindly share the wire schematic of Estima head unit?

What connector I need to use for radio antenna input in new Chines unit? Any part recommendation will appreciated. I took couple of photos which I will share here, I did not disconnected unit therefore still functional. 

I will appreciate your experience or advice in this issue.      

https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-Toyota-Lexus/Toyota_Estima2003_head_unit_03_pinout.shtml

Is this any help?

Thanks Ximrats for the link, however head unit is older version but got idea possible signal names. 

• Like 1

Power and Speakers is standard 10+6

Radio2.thumb.jpg.5458ca8db9b640325e704edcaca9f79a.jpg

What else do you need to know ?

These Chinese units are very hit and miss, what model is it

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply.

Android 8.1 Quad Core Car GPS DVD Player Radio Stereo for TOYOTA AURIS 2006-2012, is the system and manufactured by HIZPO. I think above table essential  inputs to new system. However I am not sure the aerial input OEM plug is quite thin but for Chines unit is thick. I guess need to solder the appropriate plug type that should match to input socket of Chines system. I guess that top four individual black wires in the picture I posted are for GPS but not sure.   

Thanks

The aerial looks to be standard ISO on both, the gold connectors are for the gps and wifi, if you have a factor rear camera it will need wiring in and an adapter for power as the oem camera is 6v what is the same 4 pin connect as the early cars

https://pinouts.ru/Car-Stereo-Toyota-Lexus/Toyota_Estima2003_head_unit_03.shtml (as posted above)

ES4297A-E19-Wiring-Diagram.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MAYUB said:

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply.

Android 8.1 Quad Core Car GPS DVD Player Radio Stereo for TOYOTA AURIS 2006-2012, is the system and manufactured by HIZPO. I think above table essential  inputs to new system. However I am not sure the aerial input OEM plug is quite thin but for Chines unit is thick. I guess need to solder the appropriate plug type that should match to input socket of Chines system. I guess that top four individual black wires in the picture I posted are for GPS but not sure.   

Thanks

Sadly your link doesn't work, I can only echo what Flash22 has said, aerial socket is std aerial socket. I have had two chinese units on two different cars and the only tricky bit was the DAB aerial adapter to a small SMA is from memory?  I will probably fit a shark fin aerial to my roof shortly as reception for the radio could be a bit better that toyotas own aerial wherever that hiding.

I have my units instruction in front of me and they don't generally vary that much, if you can post a picture?

12 hours ago, Ximrats said:

I have the same problems with a 2012 Estima Aeras.  It's a pity that the pinout guide is too old for the factory fitted Head Unit.  Later Estimas from about 2010 onwards, like the one also owned by the OP, have different connector configurations, often with smaller pins.  There doesn't seem to be any information available about the vehicle wiring that I can find, even in Japanese.

12 hours ago, JohnGW said:

Sadly your link doesn't work, I can only echo what Flash22 has said, aerial socket is std aerial socket. I have had two chinese units on two different cars and the only tricky bit was the DAB aerial adapter to a small SMA is from memory?  I will probably fit a shark fin aerial to my roof shortly as reception for the radio could be a bit better that toyotas own aerial wherever that hiding.

I have my units instruction in front of me and they don't generally vary that much, if you can post a picture?

Thanks for your reply, I did some search and found a mating connector for new unit from Halford. I will remove the original fitted connector and solder wires to new connector and will report back here that how successful was the experiment. I think normally you have problem with steering switches operation with Chines head units but will report with pictures.      

• Like 2

Normally Toyota do not change wiring schematic, especially wire colours however I can see in my unit seems connectors changed,  if I figure out the correct pins out to power up the unit and Speakers and camera are vital other functions can be controlled by software of the new head unit. I think it will me okay.  

• Like 1

Hello members,

I managed to install the new aftermarket Hizpo unit in my Estima 2013. I have some success to connect the power, Speakers cables to the unit but FM and AM aerial plug could not find any station which was quite disappointing, not sure what was the difference to get clear signal with Panasonic original system with hardware but not with Chines one.

Additionally, I could not make to work the reverse camera by putting car in R gear. HIZPO unit  supplied with  adapter cable to connect to the loom side camera input that consist of four wires and came with voltage reducing device to 6 volts but could not manage to work when I put the car in reverse gear nothing happens, I guess I did not connect the triggering cable in right place to work.

I put some pictures to share my work details.  Hizpo unit was supplied with appropriate adapter to connect Estima loom side 3 connectors and other end was connected to 20 pins connector that connects to unit socket marked as K in the picture that give you the wire table info of Hizpo. Adopter cables have three connectors to connect loom side for power, Speakers and reverse camera connector. In the attached pictures I tried to show all those connectors. I will be appreciating your help to rectify circuit to make it functional. I did not bother to play with up loading SatNav and Wi-Fi aspect of the unit yet    

Good points:

Small 4K video run okay with proper sound come out from Speakers see picture.

Some songs played from the stored memory of the unit nicely that proves that speaker and power sides are connected fine to unit.

Correction needed for following points:

Modification in wiring to get functionality of reverse camera as it was with original unit

What is purpose of sockets highlighted in the green and yellow in the original Panasonic unit? Quite few connectors are not connected now as well, off course they were doing some magic when system was used in Japan.

4K small video display.JPG

Hizpo units wire table.JPG

Plug not connected.JPG

posibly steering switches.JPG

Radio FM screen.JPG

Rear View of original Panasonic Unit.JPG

Rear view with looms connected.JPG

speaker and powers connections.JPG

unit songs play fine.JPG

Could they have been for the 2nd screen for passengers?  Did some models have a booster amp under the passenger seat?

Rear camera (blue)

4 pin

516112276_estimarearcam4pin.thumb.jpg.c79e7d504733755d3da304e05d734196.jpg

GPS aerial (yellow)

HRS GT5 type

The FM aerial has an amplifier in the base and needs a 12v feed

can you show me a pic of the 10 pin power connector - antenna power should be on pin 8 on 10 pin connector and pin E1 on your new radio (usually blue)

Edit. a quirk of these no name Chinese radios is you can turn the antenna power on/off in one of the menus

21 hours ago, flash22 said:

Rear camera (blue)

4 pin

GPS aerial (yellow)

HRS GT5 type

can you show me a pic of the 10 pin power connector - antenna power should be on pin 8 on 10 pin connector and pin E1 on your new radio (usually blue)

Edit. a quirk of these no name Chinese radios is you can turn the antenna power on/off in one of the menus

Thanks guys for your valuable above information. Unit was supplied with appropriate adaptor cable to get powers to new unit correctly and route speaker signals as well with OEM connectors.  Three cables marked as  ANT (blue) terminated with crimp and cover with insulation currently not connected to anywhere, second wire  labelled as Brake and last one labelled as ILL these also not connected as well.  I think as Bob highlighted above blue wire should be connected to pin 8 of 10 pin connector. I will take picture of the connector and share here to make sure that will address power up the Amplifier and enable the radio, WiFi functionalities. For the reverse camera 12 volt I may source from switch operated 12V supply point and feed to the voltage dropping adopter cable to 6.2 volt and feed 6.2 volts to rear camera. 

Lastly need to identify the correct wire that provide voltage when vehicle put in the reverse gear and that  need to connect pin 15 on new unit to make it functional. SW switches work without any problem. Please let me know any other aspect which I need to consider.  

The grey 5 pin connector will give you "brake" (parking brake) if you have 3 wires in this plug you have a reverse signal (pin 5, 12v when in reverse) this can also power the voltage adapter for the camera -  if not you need a can bus adapter

393353160_toyradio5pin.thumb.jpg.11046ae7a53ad3a8a8d8f9592c854c06.jpg136405548_toyradio5pinsock.jpg.3d5dda024d0c8e8c044ffcd7017f6ff2.jpg

The view is from the wire side of the plug

illumination - pin 10 on the 10 pin connector

On 2/26/2023 at 1:23 PM, JohnGW said:

Could they have been for the 2nd screen for passengers?  Did some models have a booster amp under the passenger seat?

Yes this unit can be use to share the videos images of the main unit for passenger's viewing as well. You have to buy additional screens separately.  

On 2/27/2023 at 6:06 PM, flash22 said:

Rear camera (blue)

4 pin

GPS aerial (yellow)

HRS GT5 type

Thanks for help to crack this, my chines unit provides 12V for aerial power feed (Blue wire) but my question is that which connector of loom at the back of head unit pin  I solder that blue wire without going to further down to Amplifier level.  Thanks again.    

Thanks for help to crack this, my chines unit provides 12V for aerial power feed (Blue wire) but my question is that which connector of loom at the back of head unit pin  I solder that blue wire without going to further down to Amplifier level.  Thanks again.    

A blue wire should go to pin 8 on the 10 pin connector

Just an update the 4 black connectors (highlighted in green) are the TV antennas (yes 4 of them)

Thanks to Bob for consistent help, I identified the reverse voltage gear at pin 5 on the five pin socket picture below names as (Reverse Gear), from where I connected the reverse gear floating lead (labelled as Back Car) in the adapter cable and also joint the rear camera voltage input cable at pin 5 (black/Grey) wire therefore  OEM rear camera start working in identical manner as with the original head unit. Connected floating lead labelled as BRAKE to the pin 3 of the adapter cable as per Bob advice. It seems that matter is sorted now. 

However I connected the ANT blue wire on 12 pin connector at blue wire circled in the (Antenna Connection) picture. I am still not getting any radio channels, that definitely not connected on the correct location to the loom end. However Blue Antenna wires connected both ends to the adapter cable one that marry to new unit header (Black Connector) and other to the power and speaker sockets adopter cables (IMG 9578) but there is also floating blue cable should be connected to pick the radio signals in right location (not from pin 8 of 10 pin power connector) because that is already in the loop. someone untangle the correct location where this signal I can get. 

However I am not getting GPS good signal with the Antenna long lead, I guess that I have to relocate antenna  somewhere either at front or back of the car but outside to get good signal. Please advise in this aspect,  a link of YouTube will be good help.   

Reverse Gear and back Camera Voltage input.JPG

Antena connection wire.JPG

IMG_9574.JPG

IMG_9575.JPG

IMG_9576.JPG

IMG_9578.JPG

IMG_9579.JPG

13 hours ago, MAYUB said:

However I am not getting GPS good signal with the Antenna long lead, I guess that I have to relocate antenna  somewhere either at front or back of the car but outside to get good signal. Please advise in this aspect, 

My chinese unit has a small SMA for the GPS module and I attached that with double sided tape under the dash above the glove box (easy to remove) I get a good GPS signal.

the ant power has nothing to do with the GPS

As above the gps is the gold SMA screw on connector

do not connect anything to that 12 pin

do you have 12v on pin 8 on the 10 pin connector from the radio

that 12 pin connector is for the dvd/cd changer

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links