Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X Edge - reverse buzzer

ItsPeter

Hi, new and happy owner of X Edge here.

My last car (previous Aygo model) was very kind and beeped while reversing into an obstacle. Unfortunately, Aygo X is silent, and I can't seem to find anything in the manual to change it; the only settings apply to parking-assist sensor, which Edge does not have equipped I'm afraid.

Will it remain quiet, or is there something obvious I'm missing? Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

For reasons that elude me, a lot of the newer models only have a reversing camera but no beepy parking sensors, unless you spec higher trims/options.

It's likely yours doesn't have any, although you could get some Toyota approved or third-party ones fitted?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cyker said:

For reasons that elude me, a lot of the newer models only have a reversing camera but no beepy parking sensors, unless you spec higher trims/options.

It's likely yours doesn't have any, although you could get some Toyota approved or third-party ones fitted?

No problem, thank you for the prompt response.

Hi, the Edge doesn't come with parking sensors, just a camera. But I've been fine with the camera, that's just me.

• Like 1

Mine has the camera and front and rear sensors and the bleeping and a visual display in the centre of the dash, all very useful......every little helps 😀 

• Like 2

I agree Bobby.       

For the beeps, you need parking sensor. To know if you have them, look at the bumper.      

No sensors = no beeps.             

For some reason (dixit my dealer) Toyota thinks the beeps are not necessary if you have a reverse cam.

The sensors with beeps can be retrofitted. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links