Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2018 6,5L/100 km expensive costs to run

POPAY

I recently bought a used Toyota Aygo 2018 model pro face lift with 37000 km. Does anyone know if it is OK 6,5L/100KM with normal driving? I think it runs very expensive what do you suggest to check ?

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Shouting removed

New plugs and air filter and an oil and filter change should do it. Also check the tyres are not underinflated.

• Like 1

6.5 litres per 100km equates to 43.4 miles per gallon (Imperial). What type of driving do you do - urban, motorway, long distance???? How have you measured the consumption - from the car's readout or using a more accurate brim to brim calculation??

• Like 2

Normal driving in the city small distances I am going to check the spark plugs.

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Shouting removed

6,5 L/100 on cars panel Also I checked the money I paid for the fuel is about 6,5L/100KM

Edited by FROSTYBALLS
Shouting removed

You should check for some thousand miles. Liters bought + kilometers driven.

Make an exact calculation.

Many cold starts, city driving, winter, short drives : 6,5 liter per 100 km can be completely normal then.

Long drives and not many cold starts, 5 liter average is perfectly possible.

On some ideal drives, let's say 20 km calm driving with warm start, you can get 4,3 easily.

Good news I replace spark plugs and air filter with new denso Iridium and fiba filter and now I can see 5,3l/100kmC230595D-DED8-4EE6-B539-B6B16872CED9.thumb.jpeg.62e61b200aa66adc4b96764a0291ee29.jpeg

• Like 2

Engine Oil it’s also important to achieve greater mpg and your tyres pressure. 
You should use only 0w20 oil even if you live in hot country and do oil changes minimum once a year or max 15000km. Tyre pressure should be measured on cold and set before you drive off in the morning. If you do that you may see  even better efficiency and with the weather warming up too. Using between quality fuel with less amount of ethanol E5 or E0 if you have available. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links