Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Comments on Front Page Articles

I noticed today that there's no longer an ability to comment on the latest Toyota news on the front page. A couple of weeks back I remember doing so under the Aygo post as I was quite surprised to see the price of a car in this class shooting up! Didn't seem long ago you could get a Focus or a Golf for around 16k new!  I went to remark something similar today about the top end Corolla being around 36k which is crazy money - even with all the nice features. Wasn't long ago you'd be getting a C-Class for that, you know?  I wonder why this was disabled - or is this just something I'm unable to do? It's nearly as if someone at Toyota didn't like the comment or something. Just an observation, not a complaint as such. But open discussion is good, even if it's a tad on the critical side - and surely that's useful even to Toyota to gauge public opinion too. 

Have sent a message to the site owners re this and whether they may wish to comment.

As regards increasing prices - this is really across the board for all manufacturers. It was only back in 2019 that one could buy something like the most basic Dacia Sandero for around £6,000-7,000 - nowadays these cost £12,700 or so .......

Admittedly things such as increasing safety equipment, emissions controls, etc, which are required by legislation, have led to most manufacturers having to increase prices, but also higher inflation and restricted parts supplies (due to Covid, Ukraine, semiconductor shortages and so on) haven't helped.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SB1500 said:

I noticed today that there's no longer an ability to comment on the latest Toyota news on the front page. A couple of weeks back I remember doing so under the Aygo post as I was quite surprised to see the price of a car in this class shooting up! Didn't seem long ago you could get a Focus or a Golf for around 16k new!  I went to remark something similar today about the top end Corolla being around 36k which is crazy money - even with all the nice features. Wasn't long ago you'd be getting a C-Class for that, you know?  I wonder why this was disabled - or is this just something I'm unable to do? It's nearly as if someone at Toyota didn't like the comment or something. Just an observation, not a complaint as such. But open discussion is good, even if it's a tad on the critical side - and surely that's useful even to Toyota to gauge public opinion too. 

Hi Shane

Unfortunately the spammers found there way in to older article and spamming their warez and dodgy links.

I will look at trying to re-enable it but only available to members with a certain amount of posts. But beforehand we have to tidy up the mess the spammers made. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Have sent a message to the site owners re this and whether they may wish to comment.

As regards increasing prices - this is really across the board for all manufacturers. It was only back in 2019 that one could buy something like the most basic Dacia Sandero for around £6,000-7,000 - nowadays these cost £12,700 or so .......

Admittedly things such as increasing safety equipment, emissions controls, etc, which are required by legislation, have led to most manufacturers having to increase prices, but also higher inflation and restricted parts supplies (due to Covid, Ukraine, semiconductor shortages and so on) haven't helped.

ah cool, cheers! And yeah I spotted that too, I remember wanting a basic Sandero access because of how utilitarian it was back in 2014!  I know it's not just Toyota, even checking out the Fiat's I used to look at for some of the same models in their case, have doubled too.  Crazy times we live in! Was just more concerned I suppose that it was a change made because of me pointing it out lol 

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Hi Shane

Unfortunately the spammers found there way in to older article and spamming their warez and dodgy links.

I will look at trying to re-enable it but only available to members with a certain amount of posts. But beforehand we have to tidy up the mess the spammers made. 

I see, that makes sense. A never ending problem online for sure.  Just spotted it earlier, slow work day and all that. Partly thought maybe it was on my end as well maybe not loading or something, as I saw the comment count on the front page, but then nothing under each full article page 🙂

I think the supermarkets have the lead on price increases, food seems to be marching ahead in the inflation stakes, the car industry seem moderate in comparison. They have got us by the short and curlys, food is a necessity cars are optional !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links