Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MMT No Drive

Ceembee

I have a 2011 Aygo Go which currently has 24,000 miles on the clock.

I am very happy with this car which I bought secondhand until yesterday when I experienced a problem when I stopped for 10 minutes or so and then went to drive off having started the engine, engaged the drive into E and low and behold no gear engaged.

Turned off the engine several times and tried again until eventually I was able to drive away again.

On reaching my destination I turned off the engine waited 5 minutes or so before trying to drive away again, same thing happened.

I have now left the car where it will stay for a few days without being used hoping it will work when I need to use the car again.

Has anyone had a similar experience and if so what is the solution please?

Thanks very much.

Claud

• Like 1

Hi Claud and welcome.  Plenty of members with a lot of knowledge so someone should get back to you soon.

• Thanks 1

Are you getting the flashing N on the dash, the MMT in the mk1 can be problematic - ideally you need it scanned for codes - At a guess with such low miles is either the clutch, they uprated the clutch due to slipping issues, or it's the clutch actuator that also has a fix for it

if you get it running again, take it for a run on the motorway/high speed road and get some heat into the engine and gearbox, if the car is on its original tyres (date stamped on the side wall) i would look at replacing them

• Thanks 1

Moved to the Aygo forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links