Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiper Blade

Blue84

Hiya All,

I havent been around much lately sadly :(

Anyways i have a quick question, my T3 is 5 months old and for approx 2 months now the pass side windscreen wiper seems to do a partial job!! It wipes the majority of the water off the side but leaves two big areas with large lines of water on them...its as if part of the blade isnt inline with the glass? I've had a look at the blade and cant see anything obviously wrong with it..the blade doesnt seem to be completely straight which I'm guessing could be the problem?

I would post a pic but it doesnt show up very well

What would sort it?

Manufactures I find cut corners on consumables like wipers.

Bite the bullet and invest some top quality blades.

You will be grateful now the winter is around the corner, remember this thread next time it’s hissing down with rain!

Go for some Bosch replacement blades as they are really good. Brought some for the wife a while back and they are great :yes: Cost about £10 for the set mate.

jerry!!

Go for some Bosch replacement blades as they are really good. Brought some for the wife a while back and they are great :yes: Cost about £10 for the set mate.

jerry!!

I can't fault the Bosch blades, I've used them for years :yes:

My TS is only 3 months old and I'm starting to notice my front wipers not performing all that well. I think tvor has a good point!

speakin of wipers! im having problems with mine! my dad bought some new ones a few month back, but theyre not on tight enuff and wont go on tight enuff.

ukno how its got the bar that u push up into the slot at the end of the wiper arm, well the bar is too big and wont go into the slot and is annoyin wen its light rain and still havta put wipers on, very un-smooth movement from it!

do the boschs go str8 on without ne problem!?

I just popped outside to check and my wiper arms and they are the same as I had on my Civic and I when I replaced the wipers on that the plastic things that lock into the metal loops took a bit of force to lock in properly, perhaps you have not popped them on properly? Sometimes wipers come with multiple type of connector, maybe you have used the wrong one?

If in doubt get yourself some quality blades (like Bosch) and they come with various types adapter.

I like wipers with the built in wings: Clicky

They look better and actually make a big difference to wiping efficiency at motorway speeds (but they cost more).

tbh I've not fitted these ones before but you can get Bosch blades with more extended wings (and have the same effect) than these from Halfords. Somebody must do better prices than them! I'll see what I can find on the net for ya :D

Manufactures I find cut corners on consumables like wipers.

Bite the bullet and invest some top quality blades.

You will be grateful now the winter is around the corner, remember this thread next time it’s hissing down with rain!

what are you saying, mines lasted 15.5months

They dont do 14" spoiler blades do they?

RAIN-X!!

nuff said!  :D

:bye:

I must agree .. that stuff rocks! .. Only used my blades on intermittant when it was hissing it down, and it was sufficient!

Good stuff :thumbsup:

just been to Halfords!

i know for a fact that passenger side is 14" i just needed reminding, but their guide says passenger side is 15".........

....fools :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links