Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low profile trolley jack & bucket

Mojo1010

Ordered these items for rotating the wheels and car needs a wash. Did have a normal trolley jack and bucket but gave them away during a house move. My brother in law has my jack but are 30 miles away so can't be bother to get it. I have a trade card so prices are better. 

Rear tyres 6mm, front 4mm. This is so I don't need to replace the front 2 when my new car arrive end of year. Also to rotate new MK4 car tyres in the future so can change all 4 to 205mm and of Goodyear EGP2 tyres.      Local tyre place want £20 to rotate! Screenshot_2023-02-26-14-47-47-579_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android_mail.thumb.jpg.1df020b2ee9e5f2d95d99469bdcd3f2c.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

10L bucket was a bit small as just fill about 8L otherwise it's too much weight and will spill as well, so got another. Managed to wash the car today, even though it's going to rain next week for a few days. Free time and while it's not snowing or raining today.

Needed both buckets for cleaning then rinsing. Rotating tyres will be another time, jack been in the boot since collected. 

• Like 2

You're a brave man! I thought about it but my hands were like, Nope! Too cold! Brrrr!

• Like 2

Not too bad being only 8C, didn't feel cold, no wind helps. It's the first time washing the car for a long time, some of my stuff are in storage boxes at a relative since the house move last spring. Had my wash mitts in there too but did not want to harass them just to pick it up, so bought one from Halfords instead.

Couple of buckets + mitts cost £6, already got wash shampoo, £9 at the car wash. 

• Like 2

Yeah, the wind was ridiculous yesterday - The sleet/snow/rain was literally being blown horizontally across my windscreen! :laugh: 

On 2/26/2023 at 2:55 PM, Mojo1010 said:

Ordered these items for rotating the wheels and car needs a wash. Did have a normal trolley jack and bucket but gave them away during a house move. My brother in law has my jack but are 30 miles away so can't be bother to get it. I have a trade card so prices are better. 

Rear tyres 6mm, front 4mm. This is so I don't need to replace the front 2 when my new car arrive end of year. Also to rotate new MK4 car tyres in the future so can change all 4 to 205mm and of Goodyear EGP2 tyres.      Local tyre place want £20 to rotate! Screenshot_2023-02-26-14-47-47-579_com.yahoo.mobile.client.android_mail.thumb.jpg.1df020b2ee9e5f2d95d99469bdcd3f2c.jpg

Will this 60mm x 20mm trolley jack pad (actually a junior ice hockey puck) fit the low profile Halfords 2 tonne trolley jack? Halfords claim that the jack head on their low profile trolley jack is 60mm, so it might fit.

Picture 3 of 7

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274320846718

2 minute video demonstrating the use of an ice hockey puck for jacking a car up without damaging the sill

• Like 2

Not sure my car has the sill, haven't even checked. From the manual it has jacking point near each wheel (normal). When the tyre were all replaced and recently a mechanic took the wheel out to check brake pads level, they both jack the car in the middle to lift both wheels off on one side. This is what I will do to save time without having the car jack on the other side, if no damage caused. 

• 3 weeks later...

So had some time and dry weather to rotate the tyres today. My first time doing it, car jack on one side, new trolley jack on the other. Found a screw in one tyre, although no air loss, plugged it anyway while it was out. Took a lot longer than anticipated together with plugging the screw. Sprayed some silicone on some of the joints where I think was making squeaking noises, will find out tomorrow when out for a drive. 

All done so quite pleased with the effort, saved £20 for rotating and £10 for plugging. All set to sell car end of year when new car arrive. 

• Like 2

* Car jack and trolley jack, one near each wheel on the same side I meant. 

A third time at plugging screw/nail puncture now, even though I know how to do it, it's not easy to make the hole big enough to push through the rubber strip, requires strength. Wasted 1 strip this time, no problem - got about 120 strips. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, I can see why some of the kits come with a grease thing to make it easier to push them in. I think my chicken noodle arms would struggle, but at least you know it isn't going anywhere if it requires so much force!!

• Like 1

It's not all about size, it's what you can do with it.....

• Haha 1

I've  got a similar  jack to what Scotty has in the video, instead of driving up the ramps I can jack the car (mgb) up high enough and slide the ramps under the wheels. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links