Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Computer Problem, (Error 400)

dannyboy413

For the last five days, I have been unable to access the site via 'Chrome', getting the following message -

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Additionally, a 400 Bad Request error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. (My italics)

Then I started getting the same result using 'Opera'. Out of interest, I tried the site on my phone - no problem. I tried to access the site using 'Edge', again no problem. I am using 'Edge' at the moment and am using Win11 on a desktop computer. I have tried various suggested remedies, including clearing all cookies and the cache, (numerous times), but nothing helps. Does anyone more computer savvy have any suggestions please? This forum site is the only one giving me the problem, every other site I access is working as it should.

(I realise that this is not Toyota related, but after having done various searches and asking on another forum, I can not get round the problem and am at a loss as to what and where to try next - apart from using 'Edge for this one site).?

I come across error 404 page not found / or removed. 

So go direct to site :  www.toyotaownersclub.com

Hope this helps.

That makes no difference Derek. No matter what I try, I can not access this site using 'Chrome' or 'Opera'. Only 'Edge' will let me in!

Hi David,

What PC are you using. Try disabling your anti virus and see if you can access the site.

Try private or incognito on your browser's see if that works. It may be a DNS problem but try the first options.

hi guys.. i have seen this crop up a few times since we did an upgrade to the software. I have made some changes, could you restart your chrome browser and then let me know if you still get this? It's a mixture of things but trying to solve why this is happening.

@Toyota Owners Club we will keep an eye on this and try and get it resolved. 

Please keep us updated

• Like 1

@Bper

Tried your suggestions Bob - makes no difference, but thanks anyway. I have a 1 year old Asus desktop computer, using Win11.

@Steve

Likewise Steve, shut all browsers down and restarted Chrome, but still unable to access the site. Edge lets me in though.

Hi David,

We have an Asus 6 months old . I understand chrome and opera will not let you access this site but edge will. I had this problem on an older laptop and will try to look back at what I did to resolve it.

Have you tried firefox mozilla to see if that will access the site. Also have you tried shutting your router down for a couple of minutes and then rebooting. Also has this problem just happened and when did you first notice this.

David,

A number of issues can cause this problem and unless you have recently loaded anything from a new programme or a software, patch, etc is difficult to pinpoint.

However sometimes you have to work through steps to resolve this and it can be a slow process. Have you tried the obvious of deleting the browsers and reloading.

Have a look at this link it may help to resolve this.

https://www.itechfever.com/fix-website-not-loading-error/ 😂

@Bper

I will try Firefox Mozilla later and see if I can access the site that way Bob. The problem first appeared about five days ago. I have not deliberately installed any programmes for quite a while. I run Malwarebytes which has not flagged up any problem and, using Windows own security programme, that has found nothing neither. I will delete both Opera and Google later and then install again - see what happens. I have had a look at the link you provided - when I get a few days to spare, (😀), I will work my way through it if I have to. Incidentally, I thought I would try a 'System Restore', but when I went to the list, there was only one restore point shown, from 27th. About once a week, I create a restore point in case of problems, but none are showing. Wonder where they went?

@Bper

Bob, I have just deleted Opera and then reinstalled it - I am in, (at the moment!!!) and am using Opera at the moment!! :clap:. We will see how it goes and if all continues to work as it should, will look at Chrome tomorrow. Thank you, (hope I am not tempting fate there).

HI David,

When you have time look at this link it will tell you about the restore points on your asus.

Glad you can access it on opera I suspect the same will happen when you delete and reload chrome. Hope this helps.😂

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1018810/

@Bper

Thanks for all your help Bob, it is appreciated. I have just looked at the above link and the System Restore thingy was turned 'off'. It has been 'on' before, so something seems to have upset my set up. We occasionally get weird things happening with our television, probably 'Ethel', our resident ghost, (I am sure I have seen her in the past!).

Incidentally, I have logged out of - and back into - Opera three times in the last half hour or so.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links