Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Install

Storm

Installed rev 2 of my boot install the other day:

bootinstall1.jpg

bootinstall2.jpg

I want to make everything look nicer like just have cap and amp in view. Anyone got any advice how to hid all the cabes and shelf etc?

Cheers

Rob

No idea mate but that looks the nuts! Can't wait 2 c it at the next meet! :thumbsup:

could get a acoustic carpet, cut it the same size as that board, then cut out the holes for the amp and the power cap, and then tack it on with tacks and a hammer :)

or

could get another board and cut it the same size, cut out the holes for the amp and power cap! make some wooden blocks and nail them to the corners of the board that has the amp/cap on (so this raises the other board that gos on top) then nail the other board to the blocks and then ul only b able to see the amp and power cap.

by the way! looking very smart :yes::yes:

I've got plenty of grey carpet to match the back of seats and I thought about covering it with carpet but I thought the carpet might end up looking lumpy and c**p...

I like the idea about putting another board on top (covered with carpet).... might be the solution I'm looking for! Cheers breezer! :D

One problem about that tho is it could restrict airflow for the fans in amp... will have a think about it...

nah there'l still b alot of air supply! as therel only be 4 blocks, one in each corner, meaning there'l be gaps at the top, sides, and bottom! but will look cool as ul only see amp and power cap! also the board that gos on the top, carpet that too :D

oh and if ur still worried! you could buy a 12v fan, bit like ones in pc, and attach it facing the amp, thatl also be covered by the board too! ;)

Good point! I suppose I could get a thin piece of mdf and only raise the height from the base board only enough to cover the amp connector blocks then the fans would still be half exposed to free air and anyway the main heat exchanger for the amp is the top plate!

Right I'm off to B&Q tomorrow! :D Then next I need to get a couple of purple neons wired up to the boot light... (I have a black and purple theme going on... :ph34r: )

Will do :D

Cheers for the link but think the fans will be too big but I'll be buying some neons from that site asap!

ummmm

ill get back to you...........let me check first!

is the black wire gone to earth? should be ok but its not the proper way

The cap is there purely to inject current into the circuit to maintain the voltage level during spikes in the current drawn of the amp. I have degree in electronics and I'm pretty sure I've hooked it up correctly - much like the diagram halfway down this page.

Uni was many years ago and like Homer Simpson newer information has pushed much of that knowledge out of my head so I could be very wrong! :lol:

is the black wire gone to earth? should be ok but its not the proper way

Btw there are 2 seperate earth cables, one from the amp and one from the cap that are bolted onto a common earth point on the chassis.

what rob is saying is that the cap need to be close as pos to the amp

NOTE:

For maximum benefit, you should keep the length of wire between the capacitor and the amplifier to a minimum. Anything (wire, distribution blocks, fuses...) between the capacitor and the amplifier will reduce the capacitor's ability to quickly supply the current needed by the amplifier.

what rob is saying is that the cap need to be close as pos to the amp

??? It couldn't get any closer to the amp if it tried!

can u not get a lump of ply wood, cut it into the shape of all the upper stuff, cuttin holes for what u wanna see. and then cover it in the carpet stuff and clamp it in?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links