Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kerbed Wheels

dawolf

I clipped a kerb on the way to work today and marked my front passenger wheel badly, I'm a bit gutted but my wheels already have a fair few marks caused by previous owner. I'm just wondering if it's possible to have individual wheels repaired without having to respray them? Don't wanna spend too much if possible. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that mate. Makes you sick to the stomach don't it! :angry:

Once wheels get a bit kerbed, a common route is to get the rims polished. This can get rid of smaller kerbings.

If you get the rims polished you either need to get them lacquered to protect the 'exposed' metal... or keep on top of them using polish each week. Obviously though this will require all four wheel rims to be polished which can set you in at around £160 (Pristine Wheels). If you go down the route of paint and repair, you can pay up to £100~odd per wheel anyway.

Obviously you could do it on the cheap and do it yourself. Just need a bit of patience.

Kerbed my front passenger wheel today because of some tosspot in a builders van pushing his way through on the other side of the road :ffs:

I know Halfords do an alloy wheel repair kit so Im going to check it out tomorrow.

If someone hasnt got enough room to pass you why the f*ck dont they wait until youve !Removed! passed? such an incredibly beautiful persont.

You haven't seen a kerbed wheel until you've seen my passenger side front rim.

It suffered a sideways impact with a kerb at about 15mph - The outer edge of the rim is folded (underneath the tyre, which is also slightly bent but appears to be OK otherwise) inwards and the inner edge has cracked under the stress of the impact.

Luckily for me it all appears to be holding together. Needless to say I'm keeping a close eye on it though.

Ouch. Well, this was my own fault really. I doubt I'll bother getting it repaired coz it sounds expensive and next day I'd probably go and kerb it again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links