Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Digging the garden 🥚

Hybrid21

I was lightly digging the garden the other day and came across a buried chicken egg 😲

It was whole and actually had the red egg stamp on it ?

Anyone came across this before or any ideas ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

I was lightly digging the garden the other day and came across a buried chicken egg 😲

It was whole and actually had the red egg stamp on it ?

Anyone came across this before or any ideas ?

Did Edwina live next door 🤣😂

• Haha 3

Yeah man, I really dig my garden, peace out brother.

• Haha 4

"Eggs are going up again."

"That’ll surprise a few chickens."😅

It used to be a red stamped egg meant a better egg don't know if this still happens.

• Like 3

YES!!!! We have had this too!!! :eek: 

Our best guess is foxes, as we have bazillions of them round here (As we seem to be the only house without a dog or cat, all of the buggers like to go into our garden at night!) but foxes aren't known for squirrel-like behaviour so it's not a great theory...

For all I know it could be a particularly large and mentally-challenged squirrel mistaking it for a nut?? :confused1:

But also where the heck did they get the egg from and how did they bury it intact without cracking it! :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Cyker said:

But also where the heck did they get the egg from and how did they bury it intact without cracking it! :wacko:

Probably Sainsbury's and hard boiled it first.

I often see delinquent looking squirrels hanging round the Sainsbury's car park here.

Most of 'em seem to have slammed saxos with splayed rear wheels.

• Haha 4

Speaking to a neighbour and they think it's been a crow 🤔

Apparently they steal eggs from outside a restaurant up the road and bury them in gardens 🤔

• Like 4

Easter Bunny way too early and nabbed first egg it found to hide 🤔😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Buy our home, you'll find egg shells everywhere.  We compost them 😄

Few years ago we gave one of our dogs a raw egg.  She bit it and of course it burst.  Next one she made a hole in the top and got the egg out without making any mess. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

You can tell when they are getting really skilled up when they peel a Jaffa without separating the segments.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Cyker said:

YES!!!! We have had this too!!! :eek: 

Our best guess is foxes, as we have bazillions of them round here (As we seem to be the only house without a dog or cat, all of the buggers like to go into our garden at night!) but foxes aren't known for squirrel-like behaviour so it's not a great theory...

For all I know it could be a particularly large and mentally-challenged squirrel mistaking it for a nut?? :confused1:

Having come from a rural background, long before foxes became “city dwellers” I know that foxes will eat raw eggs. Maybe they now require them cooked to order.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Buy our home, you'll find egg shells everywhere.  We compost them 😄

Few years ago we gave one of our dogs a raw egg.  She bit it and of course it burst.  Next one she made a hole in the top and got the egg out without making any mess. 

Hi Roy, years ago we had a Springer spaniel and she would carry a raw egg without bursting it, seemed to know that it was fragile 👍

She could also catch a live pheasant and bring it to me very much alive with not a mark on it 👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links