Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To Have and Have Knot

Bper

We have Venetian blinds in our kitchen and bathrooms. I angled the slat today, and noticed that when I pulled the string, the other string shot up. Although it never knotted, this may have something to do with what you are experiencing.

Just my 2p  

• Like 1

Thank you bob but the blind has two cords on the left for adjusting the blinds the one I am talking about is the one that pulls the blinds up and down.

As I have said before the cord is hard nylon and are not frayed. I will post a picture tommorow of the cord to show how this is impossible to be knotted unless it has been physically tied. But again this happens in the three bedrooms on the same cords and the knot is always in the same place. The other thing again is the knot is so tight it takes a minute to undue this. What can I say.

I believed you the moment you wrote this post. As long you and your wife don't feel haunted or have a mental breakdown because of it then that is good. Though you may have to accept and live with it. 

• Like 1

1673861395499.thumb.jpg.157ceaafa82ceda0c603b9bfd4213a2c.jpgAn inexpensive camera would solve the mystery Bob and put your mind at rest.

Worked for me with my rats 👍

• Like 1

Someone is sleepwalking, as above, get a camera on the situation

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, flash22 said:

This is something I never considered. My sister used to sleepwalk when she was younger. It was quite amusing at times. When we told her about what she had done, she had no memory of it. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, flash22 said:

Theory - Central heating or sunlight

heat cycling the string causes the string to contract or expand, maybe where it has been previously tied the material has a memory and the strands get knotted

either that or you have a crack team of spiders tying knots when you're not looking

Hi Flash, two of the bedrooms are not used unless family are staying and if the heating is on it is kept very low so for the cord to expand and contract it could be feasible if it was a very thin cord and did not have a plastic pull toggle on the bottom of it. The weight of that would prohibit this happening.

As far as a crack team of spiders go spiderman himself would have to come in to each of the bedrooms at totally different times and tie the knots in the same place each time.

I have attached a picture of the blind cord obviously without the knot in it.😄

745606652_Cordphoto.thumb.jpg.93d81f42f2b41527931e1067cdc582b8.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Big_D said:

We have Venetian blinds in our kitchen and bathrooms. I angled the slat today, and noticed that when I pulled the string, the other string shot up. Although it never knotted, this may have something to do with what you are experiencing.

Just my 2p  

Bob, I assume your blinds are the same as ours we have two cords on the left hand side which control the open and close. The other cord on is on the right and is the one that pulls the blind up and down. This single cord is what I am referring to. The only time this cord ever moves is as and when we clean round the inside frame of the window and wipe the windowsill. We do this once a week and also wipe the blind slats themselves.

these knots in the middle of these cords always seem to appear when we least expect it. see read flash post for photo.😄

17 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

I believed you the moment you wrote this post. As long you and your wife don't feel haunted or have a mental breakdown because of it then that is good. Though you may have to accept and live with it. 

As I have said previously that it really does not give me or my wife any concerns its just us wondering if anyone could give a practical reason why this could occur. But we have had other unexplained things happen so we just keep an open mind but thanks for your comments.😀

Just wonder if now I have put this out there it will stop. 

8 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

1673861395499.thumb.jpg.157ceaafa82ceda0c603b9bfd4213a2c.jpgAn inexpensive camera would solve the mystery Bob and put your mind at rest.

Worked for me with my rats 👍

Hi iain,

We do have a camera on the front and back of the house both just below the outside windowsill so this covers everything in the garden and on our drive. 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

Sleepwalking would be an answer but both of us are light sleepers and whoever gets up during the night always hears the other one. As I have said in another reply to a post we have a camera front and back of the house which covers the areas outside.

If we went down the road of buying cameras to monitor the blinds we would need 4 to cover all the windows, and as we do not know exactly when the knots happen they appear at different times but at least one window cord has a knot every few weeks .

I have looked at every practical way these knots can happen and this is why I posted it to see if anyone has a rational explanation that I may have missed. Thanks for your comments. 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links