Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

DCM Recall

Beta

I got two recall notices today, one of which was for the car I wrote off just over a year ago, so I am not awfully impressed with their database either.

My current car is due a service shortly, so I rang the dealer and they're going to do the recall work at the same time.

• Like 1

My T and all that malarky is a waste of time IMHO :rolleyes:

That's ironic. Just went into my kitchen and noticed a letter from Toyota on the side. DCM reprogramming required!!!!!

Thought it only applied to MY22 cars but apparently not.:angry:

Bozz

• Like 1

Mine too which has already been in for the E-call recall already. My T works quite well for me, hope this recall doesn’t make it worse.

fortunately mine is going into the dealer for a few days at end of July to fix my persistent suspension noise so will have the update done then. 

• Like 1

Mine had 2 or 3 recalls done at its 2nd service IIRC, no dramas, although it meant I ended up waiting there a lot longer than I'd intended!

• 2 weeks later...

Third update (10th March and 4th July). My car was picked up and taken to the dealer for a software update this morning. Received a phone call in the afternoon to say that the update could not be done, apparently, they had two attempts. The car was delivered back to me with no reason given. What a waste of time and fuel.

My car went into the dealers last Wednesday morning for the DCM software update. I had a call at approx. 3 p.m. saying that the update had failed and Toyota had advised that the car should not be driven until it had been sorted. Had a loan car for a couple of days. My car was returned when updated successfully. The service guy said the failure to update was rare - it had happened once before to his knowledge

• Thanks 1

I had the DCM reprogramming done today. 2 hours wait with 2 other people also having the same job done. All of us have been having the same experience of trips not recording and the cars' locations being incorrectly reported. Time will tell whether it is any different after the update.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:13 PM, Glynn H said:

Had mine done on Tuesday, first time my car parked at home location was correct was Monday night, been correct every day since. I would have credited the update otherwise!

I am touching wood but since my recall was done last Friday, every single journey has recorded correctly in MyT apart from the journey back from the dealers. Also the location has been correctly displayed every time it has been parked. This has never happened before since I took delivery in June last year!

On 6/30/2023 at 4:44 PM, dmxconnect said:

It's all a bit useless really along with other software 'issues'. I am very happy with the mechanics of the car but not necessarily the software stuff. I always thought the Japanese were good with tech and electronics. Perhaps not these days!

Nah, it's a universal problem. Software development is always under resourced and treated with a degree of contempt by management. It's not helped by the scarcity of developers (and from August the 14th this one will be retiring).

But the real issue is that software problems (whatever the cause - technical, second rate staffing, poor design requirements etc.) can almost always be fixed by some kind of update so that's the excuse given at various stages of a project as to why bugs needn't be fixed or features can be left out.

Of course once a product has shipped everyone loses interest so the needed fixes don't get properly - if at all - addressed.

40 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Nah, it's a universal problem. Software development is always under resourced and treated with a degree of contempt by management. It's not helped by the scarcity of developers (and from August the 14th this one will be retiring).

But the real issue is that software problems (whatever the cause - technical, second rate staffing, poor design requirements etc.) can almost always be fixed by some kind of update so that's the excuse given at various stages of a project as to why bugs needn't be fixed or features can be left out.

Of course once a product has shipped everyone loses interest so the needed fixes don't get properly - if at all - addressed.

I can only speak as I find as I have had all the problems that everyone else seems to have had with their MY22 Corollas since taking delivery in June 22. OTA Software updates failing, driver profile not loading and defaulting to Guest, Journeys not recording or recording incorrectly in the MyT App, and Find my Car reporting it to be miles away, sometimes in places it has never been!

One by one these issues seem to have been resolved, the last two by means of the DCM update carried out last week. Finally, still touching wood, it seems to be doing what it says on the tin!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eyemdee said:

I can only speak as I find as I have had all the problems that everyone else seems to have had with their MY22 Corollas since taking delivery in June 22. OTA Software updates failing, driver profile not loading and defaulting to Guest, Journeys not recording or recording incorrectly in the MyT App, and Find my Car reporting it to be miles away, sometimes in places it has never been!

One by one these issues seem to have been resolved, the last two by means of the DCM update carried out last week. Finally, still touching wood, it seems to be doing what it says on the tin!

Yes, you/we're lucky. Toyota are still prepared to invest the resources to fix the software.

All I was saying is that this is not a Japanese thing. It's just the way products are built. Hardware gets most of the attention and the software for it is almost an afterthought. It doesn't matter where the product is designed and built.

I should add as something of a defence that hardware tends to be better regulated and standardised. This is likely because hardware can be dangerous if badly built and because it's harder to fix if it turns out not to be up to spec. There is a big problem in the software industry at the moment with security due to the reliance on externally developed 'libraries'.

That's a two-fold problem. The lack of software developers means that there is pressure to use other people's code where practical (and frankly it does make sense - re-inventing the wheel is rarely sensible). But there's no certification system for most of the libraries. There's also a tendency for library developers to lose interest once the bulk of the work is done. Most of us prefer to move on to something new and exciting rather than fix issues with old code.

So half, maybe more of the executable code in a product might have been imported from someone who doesn't know you exist and probably doesn't care. You just have to hope it does what it says in the tin.

• Like 1

Has anyone with a 2023 model managed to log in to their Toyota account using the multimedia browser. I can browse the BBC and Google and I can reach the Toyota UK website, but it will not let me log in to my account. The login window never opens.

In the past couple of days all of my journeys have been recorded correctly in the MyT app.  Also when parked on my drive the location address on the app is correct.  I haven't had the DCM recall software update done yet, I am waiting until the car is in for a service.

• 2 weeks later...

My car's been in for the recall.  For a week following the work, MyT continued to fail to record any journeys, although the location seemed to be pretty accurate.

I have since removed my car from 'my garage' on the app and deleted the app from my phone.  I then reinstalled the app and added the car back into 'my garage'.  Somewhat strangely, it is no longer described as a Corolla Sports Touring, but has become a C4H, whatever one of those is.  

However, it does now seem to be recording all my trips properly and giving me my hybrid scores.  It's even correctly telling me the fuel level and whether the car is locked or not - both things it has never done properly before.

12 minutes ago, Meld said:

My car's been in for the recall.  For a week following the work, MyT continued to fail to record any journeys, although the location seemed to be pretty accurate.

I have since removed my car from 'my garage' on the app and deleted the app from my phone.  I then reinstalled the app and added the car back into 'my garage'.  Somewhat strangely, it is no longer described as a Corolla Sports Touring, but has become a C4H, whatever one of those is.  

However, it does now seem to be recording all my trips properly and giving me my hybrid scores.  It's even correctly telling me the fuel level and whether the car is locked or not - both things it has never done properly before.

It's been just over two weeks since I had my recall done and it has only failed to record a couple of journeys since then. It has never failed to record the correct location when parked afaik so the recall seems to have improved things for me.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 5:48 PM, Meld said:

If you delete the MyT app from your phone then re-install do you lose the historical data for your car?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links