Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AYGO - Westfalia Bike Rack Wanted

Wallydug

On 4/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, Donrald said:

To add to the conversation here a colleague who fits tow bars looked to buy the approved bar to take a bike rack on my 2022 Aygo X but found that Brink will only supply to a Toyota Dealer and not to him, even though he is a big customer of Brink’s.

I then went to my Toyota Dealer who has come back to me saying he has throughly checked and says

After doing some searching, Toyota no longer produce a tow bar for the purpose of bike racks on the AYGO X and have stated it must be sourced from a 3rd after market party.”

I have replied giving them the details, part numbers and a copy of Toyota’s Installation Manual. I wonder if it is only in the UK they are not available. But then my contact in the trade imports from Brink and I understand it is they who said it can only be supplied through the dealer. What the public are not told is that many dealers don’t fit tow bars themselves but use an independent business to do it and then slap on a massive extra bit of profit for themselves.

I will report back when I find out any more.

Been quoted a price of £678.49. This includes supply and fitting and all electrics.

• Like 1

See my post 14/3 i said around £650 so i wasn't far off, the book says it's 4 hours labour

To break down my figure:

Tow bar: £309.93

Electrics: £109.35

Fitting:  £259.21

All figures include VAT.

Whilst I have to buy the tow bar from the dealer (I suspect he gets £100 or so by simply selling it!) I am likely to get it fitted elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

I collect the Tow Bar and wiring kit this afternoon and will organise the fitting in the next 10 days or so. Cost of the bar and electrics is as above. Fitting will be less. I placed the order for the bar on the 28th June and it arrived today (30th) so stock clearly available.

• Like 1

Keep us updated please 👍

Tow bar and electrics fitted. Picture attached showing it fitted. I know, nothing there, there is though. All the fitting is out of sight and the electric socket is pulled down when needed. I have yet to try it but so far as aware if I put a rack on the back I need to switch off the reversing sensors as they will shout all the time when reversing The dedicated electric kit does not include the bypass to do that automatically. Not a big issue. Took about two hours. Will add a photo of the bar and a rack in place.

IMG_3114.jpeg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Donrald said:

Tow bar and electrics fitted. Picture attached showing it fitted. I know, nothing there, there is though. All the fitting is out of sight and the electric socket is pulled down when needed. I have yet to try it but so far as aware if I put a rack on the back I need to switch off the reversing sensors as they will shout all the time when reversing The dedicated electric kit does not include the bypass to do that automatically. Not a big issue. Took about two hours. Will add a photo of the bar and a rack in place.

IMG_3114.jpeg

Further picture showing the tow ball (looking like a big phallus!) and the socket. It is all completely invisible normally. The socket swivels up out of the way and the tow ball is large so that it curves up under the bumper into the socket.image.thumb.jpeg.841d3b31d1554e65f4e68953438f7667.jpeg

• Like 4

No cuts to the bumper etc !!  I like it.  Not sure if I use my bike enough to get one 🤔 

3 hours ago, 152bobby said:

No cuts to the bumper etc !!  I like it.  Not sure if I use my bike enough to get one 🤔 

It is surprising how we men can justify things if we think hard enough!

I have got one, a reason that is, as we visit my son from time to time. He is a keen cyclist and lives very close to the Leeds Canal network - lots of flat tow paths. Plus our odd visits to the Lakes!

The reversing sensor is not an issue. I forgot all about the mute button on the steering column!

4 minutes ago, Donrald said:

It is surprising how we men can justify things if we think hard enough!

I have got one, a reason that is, as we visit my son from time to time. He is a keen cyclist and lives very close to the Leeds Canal network - lots of flat tow paths. Plus our odd visits to the Lakes!

The reversing sensor is not an issue. I forgot all about the mute button on the steering column!

What !! Is there something on the steering wheel that mutes the parking sensors ?

Yes, when the reversing sensors are sounding the OK button becomes a mute button.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links