Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Turbo Gear Changes

swales_p

Recently ive noticed that the gear changes in my mr2 turbo arnt the smoothest! there's no cruches and no problem getting it into gear (this problem is mainly going from 1st to 2nd) it just feels a bit errrm clunky!! bad choice of word but thats the best i could come up with :blink: .

Anyay, i took me gear stick gaitor off the other day and oiled all the relevant movable parts and its defo made it a bit better.

Would replacing the gear box oil solve this little niggle altogether, or is it just what these gear boxes are like!

cheers :thumbsup:

The syncros are well known in mr2's for being a bit clunky, apparantly, filling up with MT90 (?) gearbox oil can make quite a lot of difference, but won't get rid of it all together.

Mine are clunky too. Apparently pretty much normal along with squeaky clutch pedals and wind noise from the wing mirrors LOL

I fnd the best solution for reverse is to ram the gear knob as hard as you can whilst revving the car like a mad man causing a satifying grinding noise and a hint of smoke (lie).

if its too bad , maybe its the pressure plate fingers are worn , possibly the thrust bearing is tired too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links