Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moving abroad

2toyos

Hiya, hope everyone is well, me and the family are moving, we're moving to Brazil, I'm just wondering if I'm able to take my UK electrical goods with me, we're building a brand new house, and I think the voltage we will be using is 220, not sure will have to double check, so my question is, can we take our electrical goods like laptops, Xbox X etc etc or will I need to purchase over there

Thanks

• Like 3

Interesting that Brazil doesn't seem to have a standard voltage but use both 220 and 130. Still, most modern equipment like laptops and gaming consoles will have switching power supplies that automatically handle any voltage between 110 and 240. Things like hairdryers or kitchen mixers (with resistive or inductive loads) would require the correct voltage.  You have to check the labels on each item. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can also check numbeo. Back in times when I was a student for me it was. big cultural shock + it was difficult to accommodate to the new culture and university requirements. Thought times but thankfully for me it is all in the past. Relocation is difficult process. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Unleash your passion for nursing with this extraordinary essay  https://www.nursingpaper.com/examples/american-nurses-association/ It explores the invaluable role of the American Nurses Association in shaping the future of healthcare. Join the ranks of dedicated professionals striving for excellence! 

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on the big move to Brazil! 🎉

Hey there! 😊 Congrats on the big move to Brazil! That sounds super exciting! 🌟 As for your electrical goods, double-checking the voltage requirements's a good idea. If Brazil uses 220 volts, you might need voltage converters for your UK electronics to work properly. Sometimes, buying new electronics there is safer and more convenient.

17 hours ago, KingsleyGrace said:

Hey there! 😊 Congrats on the big move to Brazil! That sounds super exciting! 🌟 As for your electrical goods, double-checking the voltage requirements's a good idea. If Brazil uses 220 volts, you might need voltage converters for your UK electronics to work properly. Sometimes, buying new electronics there is safer and more convenient.

Thanks, want that vitamin D all year round 😂😂 where building the house at moment, yeah think where just going to buy new in Brazil 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links