Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ever Wrecked A Car?

gordypix

Thought of this topic after reading how Rhaines has mangled 5 (ish) MR2's.

Who has been in any sort of crash, whether their fault or not. Any worthy stories - I'm sure there is folks.

I have had four minor crashs over the past 12 years. NONE my fault. Two when people pulled out in front of me without looking and the other two I was hit from behind while at traffic lights.

Spose after my intro I can start this thread off...

Crash One - Mk1 MR2

Had been talking to a friend and his girlfriend who were over for the evening with the new MR2 on the drive a month or so before I got my license in Hong Kong, was going to drive them home as it was just around the top of the estate (living on a peninsula it was very quiet, especially at 3am).

The road was damp and I was going prettly quickly around a slight bend, lost the backend which still think to this day was partially due to wet man hole cover and crap tyres, not knowing what to do back end went fish-tailed and hit the curb. Bounced into one of those thick steel fences with the front passenger side, bounced off then hit it again with the rear passenger side, all three of us (none of us small) got out and were fine.

Luckily a good friend owned a garage and truck and got the car towed pretty quickly to his garage before the police arrived....

Very stupid thing to do and not proud of it at all, big lesson learned....

Crash Two - Mk1 MR2 Supercharger

I'd left my keys in my ex-girlfriends bag so didn't have a car to get around until she could get them posted back to me and needed a hair cut and a few things for an interview later in the week so asked my brother if I could borrow his car a coupleof mnths after he got it.

It was just before xmas a year or three a go and the country roads had a reasonable amount of frost on them in the morning, on the way back to the house I lost the back end coming out of a bend and almost hadit back when a car came in the opposite direction, I tried to move the car out of his lane as Ihad almost got the thing straight but the back end slipped again (too much powe, not enough experience and panicing). Back end swapped sides and I hit both drivers side tyres onto the curb at the same time popping me up over the curb into a street sign which flipped the car onto the roof.

When all was still I unbuckled the belt, plopped down to the ground (stingy nettles and brambles and roof off) and climbed out, almost cr@pped myself as I was stuck, although I had undone the seatbelt Ihand't put it over my shoulder and was trying to get out with one shoulder being held back by the seatbelt...

The guy who was coming in the other direction had stopped and ran over to check whether I was OK as he couldn't believe anyone could just walk out of that kind of accident with no injuries, it did look nasty. He gave me a lift to the local pub, it wasin the middle of the sticks so it was the closest place, unfortunately my friends who ran it werent in so I had to walk back to the car which is where the amusing bit starts....

After walking the mile back to the car the police were on the scene in force, when I approached they asked if it was me who had been driving and whether anyone else was involved, queue explainnig brothers car, yes insured, no drinking (10.30am ffs), they then asked if they could call off the dogs, they thought it was such a bad crash that someone could have been thrown from the car, or crawled into the field and dropped unconscious, ambulance then arrived and after not being able to get the blood pressure thing working immobilised me to go to hospitalafter walking 1 mile and saying I was fine.

We had been joking the previous night about the fact that in every medical program at least one person is tachicardic so I joked with the ambulance men and said I must be tachicardic as everyone on tv is, sure enough they said "Why yes, how did you know ?", I must watch to much TV....

As for the the other MR2's they were down to my brother....

1. Turbo avoiding a fox (I'm sure it was a field mouse, alcohol and too much speed)

2. The recent NA which was alcohol and another Drunk Driver pulling out in front of him

3. Can't remember but I know he did another one in lol

Thats my stories anyways....

Stuffed a 4 month old Volvo V70 in Oct 2001, was waiting at red traffic lights with a young lad in a fiesta next to me. Lights went green & we both pulled off, next thing I know is an almighty bang :wacko: & end up facing back the way I came with the car full of what I thought was smoke, turned out to be mostly powder from the airbag!

Some silly girl(putting it politley) in a VW Golf jumped the red light coming from the left, which also happened to be a bus lane only! Came across the junction at speed, ripped the front end out of the V70 & then T-boned the lad in the Fiesta!

Caused extra £1000 worth of damage to my car as I had a bag of shopping on the front seat which triggered passenger airbag. Oops! Total damage £8000

It was a company car & I left the company a couple of months after, but last I heard was that she was denying responsibility!!

She jumped a red light at speed in a bus lane, who's fault do you think it was??

To take the front of a V70 takes some doing as well....

How she can not be repsonsible for being a) in a bus lane, and B) hitting two cars off at same time (two people are a lot less likely to jump a red if you know what I mean)....

Be pretty obvious whose fault it would be !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links