Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X radio won't switch off..

johnan

I have owned an Aygo X exclusive for about 7 months without  issue. This morning I turned the radio on with the steering wheel button, and adjusted the volume, as usual...but when I went to lower the volume and turn it off the buttons seem to be "dead", and the radio will not "switch off".

Something needs to be reset I would imagine. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a cure..without going back to MrT, which is a hassle...?

Panic over!  I left it for an hour or so and started her up and the buttons are now responsive again, must have reset itself. Relief...

I had something similar. Volume wouldn’t work and the DAB radio option disappeared! All back to normal the next time I started the car. I guess it’s the old computer technician/sky support centre instruction of just switch it off and on again!

• 1 year later...

Same things are happening to my wife's new 24 Aygo X edge.

The Spotify keeps coming on and the radio won't switch off as there's no clear buttons for all this stuff. Also there are too many alarms and warnings popping up especially the speed limit areas and beeps every time I go one mile over the 30 mph. I've seen the button for the lane tracking which has to be switched off every time you start the car.

When we picked the car up it showed a large digital speed MPH in the middle of the screen but it's been replaced by other announcements and I can't get it back. Probably the most annoying thing is the display of a cup of tea/coffee after we've driven a couple of miles asking if we would like to take a break.

I've studied the driver's manual provided but it is not very clear how to navigate - I am pretty computer literate and possess a windows desktop and a MacBook and an iPhone and iPad and have no problem with the operation of them but maybe Toyota have developed a different logic.

We've had many Toyota models over the years and never had a problem.

Does anybody have any useful tips for tackling this new car systems - please.

I don't usually turn the radio off, but I think from memory you press in the volume knob to turn it on and off. I agree about the safety features being annoying, but mine never beeps with the speed limit, it just goes red. The suggestion to take a break only came on for me after we had driven a few hours down to Cornwall.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links