Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo X tailgate grommet !!!

152bobby

I had to replace the dash cam cable for the rear camera which was faulty.  It goes from the front dash cam all the way back to the rear camera.  I had to feed it through the rubber grommet cover (see photo) to get a proper wire free finish (using washing up liquid as a lubricant).  The two little clips that are on the white block have snapped and I cannot get a nice tight fit for the rubber to sit tight against the car....any ideas ? 

PXL_20230402_095526036.jpg

They are a Pita to work with, how badly broken is it ?

This is a yaris one

1387920224_toybootrubber.thumb.jpg.f0d201e8a654753b05ce2d840dc33f0f.jpg

I will have to dig up some info on it

The two little clips that stick out to clip it into place are completely broken.  I'm guessing that was done by the guy who fitted my Dashcam in the first instance 

Even I know that these clips have a little push in bit (can be done with a small screwdriver head) to release them !!

And as the wiring goes through the middle of this, i guess there's no way of replacing it.  It was so flimsy in the first place, no wonder the Dashcam install guy snapped them !!

Toyota will sell you the part loom (goes from the roof to the lower tailgate) I don't know the cost and i don't have parts listing for the X yet

some models do have the boot/grommet listed, but it will mean removing that sub loom and de-pining a connector to fit it

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I may try the "look" option, new from MrT would be best but expensive and getting one like you have listed from MK2, may also have the plastic stick out bits snapped as well !!

There is a guy breaking a new Aygo X in eBay, I may try dropping him a note 👍

Its just a plastic collar the rubber should just come off it

It's the white part that has the little stick out clips, as on the one in the link you provided for the MK2.

Screenshot_20230402-132201~2.png

It would appear Toyota list the Grommet as a spare part:

image.thumb.png.95fde4147c1be56423a333450c42fa8d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Spare Part" means it's a orderable part from the parts dept, right ?

82817-0H380 3.32 +vat if you look at Devon's image

• Like 1

I expect the one for the 2022 Aygo X will be a bit dearer, even though it's probably the same part from the MK2.  Toyota tend to keep the same parts for decades across the Toyota range 😃

• Like 1

That is an Aygo X part that Devon posted - Devon works for a dealer with access to the epc and tecdoc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah awful things, when I ran the cable for my rear camera I found pulling the rubber loom sheaf off the white plastic clip, then applying a very small amount of pull while gently pushing the clips back one at a time with a screwdriver worked.

The dash camera cables have a big chunky connector, to be honest I didn’t think it was going to fit, but a bit of Vaseline and a gentle shove got it in.

(funnily, it’s a similar conversation I have with the wife 😏)

ANY WAY…

Refitting I placed the white plastic ring into the rubber sheaf, then pushed it home into the bodywork, listening for the “ping” of the clips.

I likened it too wallpapering the hallway through your letterbox…..in the dark…while wearing mittens…

• Haha 1

Use Double sided tape round the edge & jam-in.

Tel

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links