Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto features

MrBenBurnley

Hi, does anyone know how to turn off lane assist, permanently?

checked the manual, but it just says how to urn it off every time I start the car.

It’s an Aygo x 72 plate. Cheers

Edited by MrBenBurnley
Spelling

Hi, does anyone know how to disable all the auto features.

stop start, radio, lane assist, air con. 
they all come on automatically when I start my car. Looked in manual and it’s pretty useless. I can turn them manually, but have to do it every time I start my car, it’s frustrating. Cheers

Hi,

I looked up the info an extra time to not just dig from my memory.
The LTA can be switched off by pressing the LTA button long on the steering wheel.
However, you're not  going to like this : it will turn on every time you restart the engine.

I looked up a list of things that can be programmed out by a technician.
The LTA didn't appear on that list.
However, it's never bad to ask somebody who knows this software well, if it can be done or not.

I am afraid you will have to get used otherwise to a returning protocol of switching off all extra systems before you start off driving.

• Thanks 1

Just a small help probably, but aircon can be switched off during run  and will later not come on if you start the engine.
IF it DOES come on again, change the settings of the heater system (don't put it on full defog / front window). This last 'option' will auto activate the aircon. Just as well as some AUTO functions will activate aircon too (so switch the AUTO off too).

Stop start is the same as LTA. You can switch it off but it will be back on when you start the car again.

Button for the Stop / Start is on the dash, left side and a bit more down to the steering wheel.

LTA is a button on the right side of the steering wheel.

Radio : long press the 'HOME' button  ... But mine is a 9" system.
You could for ever switch the volume to ZERO for the radio.
Info on the 9 inch system Home button =

Short press (< 1.5s)
Go to HOME screen. No action if reverse camera is ON
Long press (at 1.5s)
Turn off display and mute media playback.
No action if reverse camera is ON or during active phone call
Long press (at 6 s)
Option to restart the Multimedia System

I WOULD estimate from pure logical thinking the Start / Stop and the LTA can be programmed out by a good tech but logic doesn't get us everywhere any more these days..

• Thanks 1

I believe I read in Corolla forum that these can be permanently deactivated via the car settings menu on the drivers screen, perhaps looking at owners manual may give even further information. 👍

radio and A/C remember the last setting, Radio off press the volume knob, the paper manual is the abridged version have a look at the online one under customizations

https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/TOYOTA/OM9A391E.pdf

https://d24bc9lyrt5en5.cloudfront.net/Customer-Portal-Admin/emanuals/TOYOTA/OM99V08E.pdf

Hi, thanks, but the manual is a waste of time.

I think I have managed to turn the lane assist off by the controls on the steering wheel.

5 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Just a small help probably, but aircon can be switched off during run  and will later not come on if you start the engine.
IF it DOES come on again, change the settings of the heater system (don't put it on full defog / front window). This last 'option' will auto activate the aircon. Just as well as some AUTO functions will activate aircon too (so switch the AUTO off too).

Stop start is the same as LTA. You can switch it off but it will be back on when you start the car again.

Button for the Stop / Start is on the dash, left side and a bit more down to the steering wheel.

LTA is a button on the right side of the steering wheel.

Radio : long press the 'HOME' button  ... But mine is a 9" system.
You could for ever switch the volume to ZERO for the radio.
Info on the 9 inch system Home button =

Short press (< 1.5s)
Go to HOME screen. No action if reverse camera is ON
Long press (at 1.5s)
Turn off display and mute media playback.
No action if reverse camera is ON or during active phone call
Long press (at 6 s)
Option to restart the Multimedia System

I WOULD estimate from pure logical thinking the Start / Stop and the LTA can be programmed out by a good tech but logic doesn't get us everywhere any more these days..

Thanks, I figured out the lane assist. The radio and air con keeps coming on when i start up though.

Custom setting are on page 356 onwards

A/C - press the Auto button, so no light is shown, then the off button, turn the car off, and it will default to off next time

Radio - press and hold the home button for more than 1.5 seconds, if you have your phone cone connected via bluetooth or usb, it will default to on

You can’t. I am sure the garage could reprogram the computer to facilitate that. Every time I get in the car I press the lane assist button for a few seconds. It’s a pain, as is lane assist itself.

Not dissimilar with cruise control. I want simple basic cruise control. When you press the button you don’t get that but something potentially dangerous. Every time I switch it on I hold the button down for a few seconds and that then puts it into normal mode.