Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car tax due

Primus1

The car tax is due on my Ford puma, my Yaris cross is supposed to be ready by end of April but as yet, it is still at processing order, obviously I’m going to have to tax it for six months ( due 1st may), I want to claim it back as I don’t fancy giving the dealer extra cash, I know you do it through the govt website but, I will have to drive my car when I can eventually pick up my cross and it  , obviously has to be road legal , so how do I go about this? I’ll have to give the dealer my v5c so will they do it there?

DVLA will automatically refund you the appropriate unused tax calculated from when dealer transfers the registration to them.

That’s what happened in my case. No need to send off anything, it all happened electronically by the dealer.

• Like 3

Speak to the dealer before you pick the new car up and confirm that the tax will be returned. Ask them to confirm in an email so you are covered if you have concerns that you may not get this back. Enjoy the new car and don't worry.😆

You can tax it monthly, any refund is completely automatic as soon as the dealer has it on the system the dvla is notified as the car is "In trade"  that triggers the refund

be aware they only refund a full month even if it's the 1st or 31st

• Like 3

Ok, thank you all

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links