Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Summer tyre

Eddiefh

Long story I’ll try to keep it short , had summer tyres on few weeks ago since I’ve noticed a noise similar to two tent poles being hit quite hard . At first I thought I had a nail in my tyre , this was day after I got them put on so I jacked it up and checked all my tyres . Gave it a few days got it on a ramp at work I had a look everything seems fine got mot tester to double check said it’s safe , he took it up road couldn’t hear anything but it’s a fast busy road and I’ve only heard at slow speeds. This was Thursday when I went to work Saturday was in slow traffic for around a mile and it was making the sound more or less all the time this played on my mind getting me more worried and my wallet very worried, knowing I’m going to be doing around 400 miles this week I got aa / Toyota breakdown out there patrol arrived and I told him everything I could  he jacked it up got under then checked wheel bolt and took it for a spin and agreed it’s making a noise but wasn’t sure what , then jacked it up again and checked the bearings at this point he noticed something within the tyre banging against the alloy as he spun the wheel . 
so he put my spare on for me and Tuesday I’ll be going back to my local tyre shop to see what he’s left in there any guesses ? 

• Sad 2

Anything could be in there, the valve tool, balance clip. 

9 hours ago, PCM said:

Brakes issue?

No, something as inside the tyre. Not the tyre rubber, but in the void between the tyre and rim

Have the tyres been removed and checked? Nothing 'left' inside?

Just got tyre sorted was the tpms valve broken up and rattling around inside , cost me £70 for a new one programmed to car and fitted not sure if that’s a good price or not 

• Sad 1

If that's all in not too bad; When I got my 15's I was quoted 4x£72 plus £152 to procure and code them all... I declined and got them to swap them over from the 17s instead and they didn't even get that right as they reset them unnecessarily, which is also why I didn't catch that they'd only inflated them to 20psi on one side until I got home...

1 hour ago, Eddiefh said:

Just got tyre sorted was the tpms valve broken up and rattling around inside , cost me £70 for a new one programmed to car and fitted not sure if that’s a good price or not 

But if that happened immediately after a new tyres fitted very likely the tpms  valve was broken by the tyre fitter! . ..? If you had no issues previously. They should have  cover the expense for new valve replacement. The garage standards these days are beyond comments. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cyker said:

If that's all in not too bad; When I got my 15's I was quoted 4x£72 plus £152 to procure and code them all... I declined and got them to swap them over from the 17s instead and they didn't even get that right as they reset them unnecessarily, which is also why I didn't catch that they'd only inflated them to 20psi on one side until I got home...

Yep , £70 to see what’s inside rattling around , fit and replace valve and program and reset light on dash and fit tyre back on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyHSD said:

But if that happened immediately after a new tyres fitted very likely the tpms  valve was broken by the tyre fitter! . ..? If you had no issues previously. The6 should cover the expense for new valve replacement. The garage standards these days is beyond comments. 

It was very close to the day the changed my tyres maybe same day I honestly don’t know , but I never thought for a second it was something in tyre I imagined it was suspension on bearing related so I went down that route and before I new it weeks had gone by . 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links