Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota service plan

Popcorn6186

Hello,

We just bought an approved used Corolla. The dealer suggested that we buy the "service plan". I understand that it's about essentially pre-paying the service and MOT for the next 2 years, and we'll also get one more year of roadside assistance. Is that correct?

Do you think it's worth it? 

The main benefit is that it fixes the service costs (and MOT costs if these are included as part of the plan) for the duration of the plan. 

• Like 1

Really depends on your financial situation and if you don't mind being tied to the dealer for the length of the plan 👍

11 hours ago, Popcorn6186 said:

Hello,

We just bought an approved used Corolla. The dealer suggested that we buy the "service plan". I understand that it's about essentially pre-paying the service and MOT for the next 2 years, and we'll also get one more year of roadside assistance. Is that correct?

Do you think it's worth it? 

I bought it for mine, just for the sake of spreading the costs, 2 mot , 2 services A and B,  and 1 year breakdown cover, so really you have 2 years breakdown cover as you get a year when you bought the car.

If you get it serviced at your dealer just insist they use correct oil and not next grade up because it’s cheaper for them 

I would be interested to learn how much it costs to buy the service plan. How does the cost compare without the plan. Are the plans the same across all Toyota dealers or do they vary with location.? 

They offered £33 per month (792 total), for 
2 MOTs, 2 services (parts & labour, one full and one intermediate service) and one extra year of roadside assistance. It can be any toyota authorised. It's essentially this: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-plans

Looking at the prices here: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-pricing and https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance , it appears to me there is no discount (except if the prices actually increase).

3 hours ago, Bper said:

I would be interested to learn how much it costs to buy the service plan. How does the cost compare without the plan.

We've had service plans or equivalents on our new cars since 2000 (11 excluding our current i20 where 3 years 'free' servicing was included as part of the sale). On our previous I20, Hyundai offered a 3 year service pack for £199 which we took.

Basically the plan should cost no more than the cost of the included services plus whatever extras you have (MOTs, etc).

Paid monthly with no interest charge. Monthly payments are collected by a management company (eg. EMaC) and the dealer gets paid by the management company when a service is carried out.

As previously stated the service plan cost is fixed for the duration of the plan, which means you avoid any price increases during the plan.

Not had any problem with any of the plans or the pack.

I've always had a service plan with my previous cars from new, and usually for 3 years (not Toyota) I do it purely to spread the cost and to alleviate any future prices rises in service costs. They have always been refundable should I sell/trade before the term ends. Best deals are the fixed lump sum up front for X number of services, you used to get these as incentives to purchase....not seen any of those for a while though. 

1 hour ago, IT Troll said:

My first service is due in around 6 weeks times. I took out the service plan online but when I go to https://www.toyota.co.uk/online-service-booking I just get an endless spinning circle. Are others finding the same?

Hi IT, I just booked my service this morning using the MyT app 👍

1 hour ago, Popcorn6186 said:

They offered £33 per month (792 total), for 
2 MOTs, 2 services (parts & labour, one full and one intermediate service) and one extra year of roadside assistance. It can be any toyota authorised. It's essentially this: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-plans

Looking at the prices here: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-aftercare/service-pricing and https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance , it appears to me there is no discount (except if the prices actually increase).

I was last charged £450 for a full service to include parts and MOT on my last service and quoted £300 for the next one which is an intermediate service. Regarding breakdown cover I will be reducing this by almost 50% thanks to MOJO1010 on the next renewal.

Apart from the protection against inflation is a there a vast difference between this policy and paying independently. If I have missed something else that this policy provides please let me know.

• Like 1

I was quoted £370 for a full service for my RAV4 via the MyT app.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Hi IT, I just booked my service this morning using the MyT app

Hmm, the app opens the website and does the same spinning circle thing for me.

I don't think they offer anything more than the protection against inflation. I wonder what happens if we sell or change cars though.

What's MOJO1010?

22 minutes ago, Popcorn6186 said:

What's MOJO1010?

A Club member's user name.

Worked out my issue. The Book A Service Online page doesn't load on any platform/browser unless you have Advertising Cookies enabled on the Toyota site. What plonkers.

On 4/17/2023 at 2:16 PM, Popcorn6186 said:

I don't think they offer anything more than the protection against inflation. I wonder what happens if we sell or change cars though.

What's MOJO1010?

You can cancel and if there is any monies in the pot that will be returned you. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links