Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev Differences

mr2nut123

is there much difference between 0-60 speed and general speed from the rev 1 to the rev 2 engines? as the rev 2 engine has about 160bhp and the rev 1 has 119bhp like rick just said, that correct?. ive heard mixed opnions on this and would like to know before going out and buying one and regretting not gettin a rev2. also, do any of the rev 1's have power steering? or just the odd couple who have had it put on the car manually. cheers.

The very earliest rev1s have the 3s-Fe engines. I wouldn't bother with them. But the majority of rev1s have the same engine as rev2s. Just check it doesn't say 3S-FE on the engine when you go and look.

If it's got a spolier, it won't be the slow one :thumbsup:

(unless they've added one)

only the Rev1 'G' (Jap import) or 'Coupe' (UK) had 119 bhp .. the proper rev1 had 154 bhp .. just check it has the GE engine, not the FE.

PAS was an option for Rev1's, but they don't really need it ..

I'd not go rev1 again due to the dodgy rims and handling .. rev2 is so much better and rev3 better still (slightly) .. (now you'll get all the Rev1 owners saying theirs is better handling - but they have not driven anything else)

cheers guys. much appreciated. ive got a 1.2 clio atm so i think any 2litre mr2 is gonna be amazin for me. how can i identify the fe engine to the ge engine? u got a pic or sum kinda diagram that would help me look for it when i go to view peoples cars? would help a fair bit, if not just a description please :P

how do you know I havent driven anything else?

because we have had this argument .. sorry discussion, many a time ..

JimLad will be on in a bit boasting about his Rev1 "killer" .. :lol:

No offence but you wouldn't say that if they helped to save you in an accident. Safety equipment is as important as anything else, you just never know :ph34r:

how can i identify the fe engine to the ge engine? u got a pic or sum kinda diagram that would help me look for it when i go to view peoples cars?

It'll say it on the side of the engine ..

cheers for info mate. think im gonna go for the rev1 as there arent many rev2s in my price range in white, theres a fair few in rev1 ive seen about for good prices. i like the idea of wheelspins and more torque, plus it'll be cheaper on petrol for too.

No offence but you wouldn't say that if they helped to save you in an accident. Safety equipment is as important as anything else, you just never know :ph34r:

Who needs side impact bars anyway?

I have a rev4, I was just joking as it's what rev1 owners usually say.

I'm all for my side-impact bars thanks :thumbsup:

yeah.. the side impact bars only take the fire brigade an extra 5 mins to cut you out of the burning wreck!...

Please.. lets not hit the old 'revision' argument again..!

The very earliest rev1s have the 3s-Fe engines. I wouldn't bother with them.

If it's got a spolier, it won't be the slow one :thumbsup:

(unless they've added one)

:o I love my FE!hehe but it would be nice to be a tad faster! :P

Also, mine has the 3 part spoiler as standard... :wacko:

Dave!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links