Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Connect App deleted/removed from Car system

Leon79

Hi there,

I am a new owner, just got the car last weekend. When I set up the Toyota App, something went wrong and I did not activate the remote connect successfully. 

I tried a 2nd time, when the app ask me to scan the QR code generated by the car infotainment system, I followed the instruction but he "Remote Connect" App was not responding.

So I click the "reinstall app" button...Now the app is gone, 😅removed from the car system, so there's no way for me to activate the Remove Connect service.

Took the car to the dealership and called Toyota helpline, still waiting for their reply...

Anyone had the same situation before? I think it's just a software issue, dealer or the manufacture need to reinstall/reset the computer system...

Thanks,

Leon

Leon, it is not the most intuitive system.  I related elsewhere that my car disappeared from MyT but reappeared after a reboot.  What did the dealership do?

9 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Leon, it is not the most intuitive system.  I related elsewhere that my car disappeared from MyT but reappeared after a reboot.  What did the dealership do?

Hey Roy, I agree that the system is not very user friendly...I am still waiting for their update...very frustrated...

The situation you describe with the MyT app is common with the others models that use it. It’s happened a few times with my PHEV and I still have missing trips including one that I drove today. Sadly the app and server systems are subject to reliability issues.

App is down currently! I can't connect my bZ4X. 

Come on Toyota enough with these software glitches! Find better developers! 

9 hours ago, bZ4X said:

App is down currently! I can't connect my bZ4X. 

Come on Toyota enough with these software glitches! Find better developers! 

Last night, about the same time, I had to log in with a password as the biometric was off line. 

Not sure if it's just the software, could be server issues.  It's a world wide market system, I wonder if it is just one massive main system in India or several independent ones. 

I once visited a Server Farm in Chennai.  Each large floor looked after a particular company, one I remember was Nike. 

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Last night, about the same time, I had to log in with a password as the biometric was off line. 

Not sure if it's just the software, could be server issues.  It's a world wide market system, I wonder if it is just one massive main system in India or several independent ones. 

I once visited a Server Farm in Chennai.  Each large floor looked after a particular company, one I remember was Nike. 

I am not sure they would be happy to locate in one server and location. They would be using multiple location for a better service quality. 

Only thing I don't understand is Toyota = reliability bu Toyota MyT = unreliability 

They really don't care about customer feedback. 

I used Mercedes Me app for 2 years not a single time I had problem! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links