Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Halfords dash cam fitting

Wiz201

Hi, I know there's been previous threads about Halfords fittings going wrong on Aygos. I got a bonus from work and want to use it towards a new dash cam next month when my Aygo cross should arrive (being built this week). Would anyone trust them for fitting a dash cam and hard wiring it?

Also if this was going to be removed, say in 3 years time, would it be a big job disconnecting it from the fuse box etc? 

23 minutes ago, Wiz201 said:

Hi, I know there's been previous threads about Halfords fittings going wrong on Aygos. I got a bonus from work and want to use it towards a new dash cam next month when my Aygo cross should arrive (being built this week). Would anyone trust them for fitting a dash cam and hard wiring it?

Also if this was going to be removed, say in 3 years time, would it be a big job disconnecting it from the fuse box etc? 

There are good and bad fitters in all places but in my opinion as its a new car I would give a few local places that fit dash cams including mobile services to get an idea of costs and ask them any questions or concerns you may have about fitting and ease of removel . It also depends on how much you have as a budget but many places have user reviews which can be helpful if you do not have any recommendations. 👍

• Like 2

It might also be worth getting as price from your local Dealer. I had my Dashcam fitted for £95.00 (fitted to my C-HR)

• Like 3

Or... fit it yourself.

Easy to hide most of the wire behind trim.

And keep the rest of your bonus for other things?

• Like 2

In regards to removing it at a later date. 

Best thing to do is to just unplug the Dashcam, take off the mount from the windscreen and tuck the wires into the headliner.  They are cheap to buy and the Dashcam companies are fully aware that people change cars and need another wiring kit.  It's really just not worth the hassle of taking all the wiring back out....especially if (like me) you also have a rear cam fitted.

I did this when I had a front and rear Dashcam fitted in my first Aygo X, which went back to Toyota. I left a note in the handbook for the next owner.

In regards to using Halfords, it's really down to the Halfords store and especially the fitter, some are really good and some are rubbish.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PCM said:

Or... fit it yourself.

Easy to hide most of the wire behind trim.

And keep the rest of your bonus for other things?

Unfortunately work don't pay bonuses in straight cash through wages, they do it in vouchers so I had to decide where to put the money. I don't feel confident enough in fitting it myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 152bobby said:

In regards to removing it at a later date. 

Best thing to do is to just unplug the dashcam, take off the mount from the windscreen and tuck the wires into the headliner.  They are cheap to buy and the dashcam companies are fully aware that people change cars and need another wiring kit.  It's really just not worth the hassle of taking all the wiring back out....especially if (like me) you also have a rear cam fitted.

I did this when I had a front and rear dashcam fitted in my first Aygo X, which went back to Toyota. I left a note in the handbook for the next owner.

In regards to using Halfords, it's really down to the Halfords store and especially the fitter, some are really good and some are rubbish.

Have to agree, I've left my wiring with the plug just sticking out for the new owner, I'm sure they'll be pleased. A new session with Nextbase to wire my cam however is £100...it was £80 when I had it fitted. 

• Like 3

Yeah with dashcams becoming more popular these days, yes I didn't immediately think at first but yeah new owner would appreciate wiring being in place rather than having to do it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links