Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed bumps on the A10!!

Cyker

I was driving down the A10 south of the A406 and some total :censored: has installed speed humps on it!! It's a 2-lane wide with A-road dual carriageway!!!

Who is in charge of this stuff??! They need to be fired and replaced with someone competent! What's next, putting them on the motorway?! Ridiculous!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On an A-road? That seems beyond normal levels of council insanity.

• Like 2

Yes!! I wasn't expecting it and didn't see it in time as it was the usual morning A10 heavy traffic, and there is no notice or warning saying they're there - I hit the first one at 30mph, as did everyone else!

They must have installed them last week as they definitely were not there the week before!!

I can't help suspecting this is more of KHAAAAN's doing :mad2:

I can see this pushing a lot more traffic down Green Lanes and Hertford Road and an increase in accidents, as people who know about them brake unexpectedly for them, while people who don't get caught out and rear-end the person in front.

I just have no words for how ludicrous this is! I don't even know who to complain about it to, but given how things are now I doubt they even care...

This is not how Democracy should work...

• Like 2

Our council has resulted to potholes for traffic-calming, 45 min to do 3 miles this morning

A10 part of it is going to 20mph with speed calming (A10 - A503) that should generate some money for the council as they can now issue fines for moving traffic offences

Well if it is one of Kim Jong-khan's road measures then perhaps the upcoming court cases on the ULEZ expansion and road restrictions may be a result.👍

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Our council has resulted to potholes for traffic-calming, 45 min to do 3 miles this morning

A10 part of it is going to 20mph with speed calming (A10 - A503) that should generate some money for the council as they can now issue fines for moving traffic offences

This is one of the even more galling things - That they're wasting tarmac and *our money* doing this instead of repairing the potholes!!

I don't even understand why - The A10 has been fine for decades so what suddenly prompted this!?

• Like 2

Save the environment, get people out of their cars, Screw the little man and price them off the road, raise revenue to pay for the nurses and line fat cats pockets

but that's me being cynical

• Like 3

Well I think more people have actually died from stabbings, shootings and anxiety-induced suicide here since KHAAAAAN's been in power than actual deaths from pollution.

We already know these schemes are all just money grabs.

All this just makes it so hard to vote - None of the political parties should be let anywhere near the reins of power; They're all as bad as each other!! I'd trust school children to run the country better than MPs at this point!

• Like 3

Welp I have written complaints to TFL and Highways England, let's see what they say...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

This is one of the even more galling things - That they're wasting tarmac and *our money* doing this instead of repairing the potholes!!

In their view, pot holes are free traffic calming features. Even better, the less you spend on a road in the first place, the more pot holes you get, and sooner. Win, win, win. 

Well they will be regretting that when they get loads of claims for wheel and suspension damage!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links