Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

126mph!

SuperRetard

Going down the A1 today, and I hit a bit of a downpour outside Grantham. The air temperature plummets from 24 degrees to 18, with a fair bit of moisture in it. As we climb past Grantham, the rain stops. As I get to the top, still pulling about 85mph, the tarmac's dry and the sky's clear... and nobody's to be seen all the way down the substantial hill!

Floored it down the hill... at 125mph I flicked the kph/mph button to see it reading the maximum 199kph! Flick it back just in time to see 126 flash into view at the bottom of the dip...

My 45profile tyres attribute about 4.9% to the speed at any given time, plus there's the manufacturer's built in optimism (to avoid being stung for purchaser's speeding tickets!)... but I'd like to think the lil' Yaris was still over 110mph...

(Oh, and if yer a copper or a goodie-two-shoes, BRAKE activist, I didn't really do any of this, I just drove at 70mph all the way south... :rolleyes: )

I am closing this thread as I do not condone posting messages in regards to breaking the speed limit. Especially of that kind of speed.

Try the gold forums

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links