Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Very high milage Aygo

nielshm

712.000 km, and the 2014 Aygo could'nt go any further. 

A danish scrap yard posted this photo. 

Impressive, since the car is designet to last 200.000 km?

FB_IMG_1682145650501.jpg

FB_IMG_1682145892285.jpg

• Like 4

More likely a faulty speedo unless there is history to back it up

• Like 3

Nearly 50,000 miles a year takes some doing if it's true. All credit to Toyota if this is correct.👍

• Like 2

Why should the speedo be broken?

The car is being scrapped with a broken engene, so I guess the milage is real.

• Like 1

It looks too clean for that sort of mileage, is the car on the net ?

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. 50k miles a year for those who drives every day it’s not a big deal, 200+ miles a day in a full working week 5-6 days and here we have it. I was doing that before covid lockdowns, but now only around 35k a year. I see Aygo’s are the cars of choice to many food delivery and other courier service trade. We even have new Aygo X domino pizza delivery in my town. 👍 Avensis in the taxis still a popular choice with astronomical miles and of course Prius and Auris hybrids. In Bradford and York Lexus CT200h also very popular Uber car. 

• Like 1

I hope it's true, but a bit sceptical, seen a few bugs done over 250k miles and iirc 1 did over 300k, which still impressive. Although I love ours, not sure it be my first choice as a mile muncher.

• Like 2

It’s not a car that someone who would be driving 50K a year would chose for driving long distance mileage. So I too would be skeptical.

• Like 3

There is a decimal place on KPH gauges, but I'm not sure if that is just on Trip or ODO as well

50K a year in a 1.0L is a mission in its self and an oil change every 2 months or so

• Like 3

Nobody who drives a car 50k a year would choose the aygo I.

Only exceptions to the rule and companies who need to do pick ups all day long (medical labs f.e.) would put their staff in the cheapest reliable car they can find.

Seen them more than once on tests with +400.000 km and still running. So I believe it too. An exceptional item with regular maintenance and not constant town traffic?

Odo (total) is mostly without decimals.

You wouldn't think that is plausible but you find these cars on YouTube more than once being built to serve as a mini motorhome too. People do the craziest things...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely there are people out there that will pick and drive cars like that for ultra high miles jobs. I had before a job that was delivery of blood and tissue between the nhs hospital nationwide, in one shift I had to go London to Birmingham and back then few hours later my next challenge was London to Manchester and back. I was using a Mitsubishi colt 1.1 3 doors from 2009, which is very similar to Aygo and Yaris. Mpg was a killer as long as I drive sensibly and not over 60mph I could easily see numbers of a hybrid car these days. Comfort just fine, a bit on the noisy side but hey who cares, I needed cheap, reliable and simple car. I didn’t do that for long though, did the  math and showed 70k miles circa a year and I decided to quit 😂 
I miss this car btw, here it is and the one that replaced it behind. 👌

image.thumb.jpeg.c1928ecb122bc985a3c5cf2319c419fa.jpeg

• Like 3

We used to have a colt with that engine too. Dreadful clutch ...  just as the earlier aygo (1 and 2). But surely reliable.

Indeed... low consumption and running cost could be a reason to buy a cheap car like this.

My current aygo X and previous aygo is just under 5 ltr/100 km by the way.

Saw on a specialized website the colt 1.1 does around 6,7 on average in real life. Aygo would be a better (?) choice.

By the way : it wasn't established the 717.000 km car still had it's first engine.

• Like 2

Very impressive.  I did 189,869 miles in my Aygo before I handed it over in exchange for a few hundred quid.  I had bought the car from new, it's replacement was a cheap C1 with 8k miles on the clock, I'm a long way from getting the same sort of miles, in the Aygo I'd average 20k miles a year, did similar in the C1 for a few years but now post lockdown I'm averaging 3k miles per year.

image.thumb.jpeg.f79063e6e3388f4d7b8b836c09d81d17.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Definitely there are people out there that will pick and drive cars like that for ultra high miles jobs. I had before a job that was delivery of blood and tissue between the nhs hospital nationwide, in one shift I had to go London to Birmingham and back then few hours later my next challenge was London to Manchester and back. I was using a Mitsubishi colt 1.1 3 doors from 2009, which is very similar to Aygo and Yaris. Mpg was a killer as long as I drive sensibly and not over 60mph I could easily see numbers of a hybrid car these days. Comfort just fine, a bit on the noisy side but hey who cares, I needed cheap, reliable and simple car. I didn’t do that for long though, did the  math and showed 70k miles circa a year and I decided to quit 😂 
I miss this car btw, here it is and the one that replaced it behind. 👌

image.thumb.jpeg.c1928ecb122bc985a3c5cf2319c419fa.jpeg

Hello Tony, I too had a 2009 Colt before the Honda CRV.

Found it a most excellent little car, reliable and frugal.

One question though, the headlights on yours look different from the ones on mine.

Sorry I didn't keep a photo of it, and it could be my memory being wrong, but I seem to remember the leading edge of the bonnet partially shrouding the headlights at the top.

So do you reckon this may have been a facelift year,or just my fading memory?

This was in 2017 though, so a while ago.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Hello Tony, I too had a 2009 Colt before the Honda CRV.

Found it a most excellent little car, reliable and frugal.

One question though, the headlights on yours look different from the ones on mine.

Sorry I didn't keep a photo of it, and it could be my memory being wrong, but I seem to remember the leading edge of the bonnet partially shrouding the headlights at the top.

So do you reckon this may have been a facelift year,or just my fading memory?

This was in 2017 though, so a while ago.

Hi Paul, 

I believe since 2009 until end of production late 2012 the colt has only come with this type headlights. The previous generation had triangular style. On my colt only difference is that I inserted a drl in the place of the fog lights. 
These colts were my favourite small cars too, I had over 20 of those, all versions

image.thumb.jpeg.7896966789706045578f2e2b4dbca3ae.jpeg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Puglet said:

I hope it's true, but a bit sceptical

Very high mileage certainly means highway.

On the highway, you rarely change gear, rarely brake... Apart from the tires, I guess it is not too harmful for the car.

The mileage is not a very good indicator for lifetime. A high mileage on the highway is better than a low mileage downtown.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zuh said:

Very high mileage certainly means highway.

On the highway, you rarely change gear, rarely brake... Apart from the tires, I guess it is not too harmful for the car.

The mileage is not a very good indicator for lifetime. A high mileage on the highway is better than a low mileage downtown.

Indeed. Also watching the pictures again and the stone chips all over and particularly lower corners of the front bumper, this car definitely has a high miles done. 👌

• Like 1

Yep, the body shell/chassis could be original, but who knows about engine(s), gearbox, and even speedo issues on Mk1s means that could been changed so not all that appears to be. Beauty of these cars is they simple and cheap to keep going and this could be the ultimate truth of that, even if it is bit of a Trigger's Broom type car! , still love seeing peeps mega miles cars cos just proves they can do it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links