Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers side window

Tucker25111

Hi all, I have had my 71 plate corolla ts for around 2 months now and am very happy with it. 

I haven't posted on this forum before but read it most days to see if anything interesting pops up. 

The only annoyance I have with the car is the drivers side window. If I lower it anywhere between a little open to halfway open I get an annoying cracking/clicking sound when I drive over bumps in the road.

Just wondering if it's the same for everyone or if a clip is broken in the door somewhere. This is the first car I've owned where I've actually noticed a noise coming from there so I assume my other cars didn't do this otherwise I would have noticed it. 

Thanks

• Like 1

I have the same issue with both front windows

i think it’s just cheap low quality fixings

someone once mentioned favour getting it fixed at the dealers

Same with all Toyotas., new or old. Just count on as a typical thing fir the brand. 

8 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Same with all Toyotas., new or old. Just count on as a typical thing fir the brand. 

What? I've never noticed this. What is it that makes a noise?

When you open driver or passenger side window halfway and driving over bumps or a potholes the window will rattle, shake or vibrate like it’s been not correctly fitted into its mechanism. If you move it up or down usually fixes the issue. I noticed that on all Toyotas I had, few Priuses and few Aurises, they act exactly the same, and not only a Toyota but pretty much most Japanese cars, Mitsubishi, Mazda etc I had. In the Auris in some scenarios when the windows are wet from both sides , rainy outside and condensation from inside the any of the side windows may vibrate and make strange noises when operating down or up. Again nothing to worry about. On top of all that the windows seals had never been able to clear the water when moved down and up, it’s just how they are., this is my experience with Toyota side windows on various Toyota models. 👍

• Thanks 1

Had same issue, fix by Toyota under warranty 

thx

On 5/1/2023 at 4:10 PM, JWG said:

Had same issue, fix by Toyota under warranty 

thx

Interesting, I may speak to them. 

On 4/26/2023 at 8:04 AM, TonyHSD said:

None of mine have done this.

Perhaps guys you had never noticed that or you never had it indeed, there are always an exceptions.
Strangely enough,  I have noticed this on all Toyota’s I had driven longer plus some Mazda and Mitsubishi cars.
Nothing like that on any vag cars I had in the past.
My Auris  does that all the time since day one,  even the passenger window stays in odd position when open from time to time, however things like that are pretty normal imo and I never bothered to repair or look into it any further or as a problem.
Seats are squeaking , dashboard is rattling, seat belts are rattling, door cards too,  steering rack clicks when driving slow over road cracks and bumps, suspension squeaking sometimes when loaded more, grinding sounds from the brakes, all the usual things for Toyota cars and mine has them all.
There are even more to the list:  sometimes in cold weather the shocks can become rock hard (stiff) and make the driving very uncomfortable, the only cushion will be the tyres flex, anyone else noticed that ?
I am comparing 6 Toyota models 2 Prius, 2 Prius plus and 2 Auris hybrids, all of them different age and mileage and they are all the same. If I buy a Corolla in the future definitely any of those things above won’t surprise me at all. 👍

Here an example of my passenger side window when moves down or up how changes it’s angle and becomes lose and then as a result of that can rattle when driving on uneven road. Please note top left corner and the left side window against the frame. 👍

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2023 at 5:45 PM, TonyHSD said:

Here an example of my passenger side window when moves down or up how changes it’s angle and becomes lose and then as a result of that can rattle when driving on uneven road. Please note top left corner and the left side window against the frame. 👍

AC5FB229-C3CC-4F0A-BEAE-BE78B415A4C9.MOV 35.08 MB · 9 downloads

Hello, did you manage to fix it? and how?

3 hours ago, Ahmedhmi said:

Hello, did you manage to fix it? and how?

Hi, 

I have never tried even to look at it. This is not a problem that needs to be addressed imo. The window is working and this is all that matters to me. 
👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links