Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Sound System

mrrandom

hey, im guna buy a new sound system for my yaris, first i need amplifier, gonna run a subwoofer and two 6 by 9's (i hope), can i run the 4 Speakers in front of car of the standard head unit? how many channels in an amp wud i need>?

4 speaker on OE headunit - yes

better to have a amp for 6x9 and monobloc for the sub or you could get a 4ch amp, all depends on the RMS on the Speakers and sub

you should run some decent component Speakers for front-stage and some smaller and less powerfull Speakers at the rear... should use an amp for all Speakers (specially at the front) and then a mono amp for the sub...

common mistake with audio setup in cars is too big rear speakers and some cheap crap at the front... when you go to a concert - do you turn you back to the stage and let the soundwaves hit you in the back of your head? :) no, don't thinks so...

music in cars is similar - it should hit you in the face...

in competition grade SQ cars there are often no rear speakers at all... they should only be used if rear fill is required or if passengers at the rear insist on it... :)

agree totally with vladrulli! :yes:

instead of adding 6x9s your better uping the front end and adding a sub.

and your right! the best audio installs in cars only have 5 Speakers! one set of comps in the front and a sub! and thats it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links