Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 Aygo speaker upgrade

tomnetwork

Hello, I got an aygo as my first car recently and the audio sounded terrible and decided to get new dash Speakers for it as I thought those were the only ones it had.

When I played around with the radio however I found that it had it set to only use the dash Speakers for some reason and it did have door Speakers, which makes it sound so much better...

I still have the replacement speakers for the dash with an adapter included, is it worth installing these? I asked the seller and they said I could still install them, with a mod to the wiring shown in the picture, but since I have no experience I cant make much sense of it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

s-l1600.jpg 

Base cars had 2 4" Speakers in the dash, mid and higher spec cars had tweeters in the dash and 6.5" Speakers in the doors

does it have an aftermarket radio ?

There are various ways to set up audio in the Aygo, i have come across cars set up with the 4" in the dash as the front Speakers and the 6.5" run as the rears or vice versa

have a look and see what speakers you have fitted - play with the fader and balance to see what speakers are what

Just now, flash22 said:

Base cars had 2 4" speakers in the dash, mid and higher spec cars had tweeters in the dash and 6.5" speakers in the doors

does it have an aftermarket radio ?

There are various ways to set up audio in the Aygo, i have come across cars set up with the 4" in the dash as the front speakers and the 6.5" run as the rears or vice versa

have a look and see what speakers you have fitted - play with the fader and balance to see what speakers are what

This has Speakers in the doors, the dash and I believe also in the A pillars but doesnt sound like they are doing too much.

Stock radio but I am tempted to get a new one with bluetooth, I have also heard this improves audio quality.

So probably a waste of time to install these? Will modding the wiring as seen in the photo change the front Speakers to normal Speakers and not just tweeters? Any ideas how I would do this?

Tweets in the A pillars is not standard, any pics ? It may have had a stereo in it and was removed, see what Speakers you have in the dash and doors and see how they have been wired also see if you have a pair of crossovers

Just now, flash22 said:

Tweets in the A pillars is not standard, any pics ? It may have had a stereo in it and was removed, see what speakers you have in the dash and doors and see how they have been wired also see if you have a pair of crossovers

IMG_1676.jpg

I unscrewed it before and it seemed to have some sort of adapter with 2 wires going to the dash Speakers. I can unscrew it again if you want to see but I dont have the right tool so its a bit of a pain to get off

They are the dealer fit tweeters, and door Speakers Aka Toyota sound pack

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{052786E4-354F-D9B5-83FD-CB9B9F74354F}/AYGO_SOUND_PACK_RHD_PZ473_90240_00_AIM_001_159_6.pdf

the tweeters on the A pillar are run off the 4" in the dash, the door Speakers are run off the rear from the radio

yes upgrading the 4" Speakers in the dash will help without rewiring, but it's not an ideal setup and will be difficult to get sounding right

9 minutes ago, flash22 said:

They are the dealer fit tweeters, and door speakers Aka Toyota sound pack

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{052786E4-354F-D9B5-83FD-CB9B9F74354F}/AYGO_SOUND_PACK_RHD_PZ473_90240_00_AIM_001_159_6.pdf

the tweeters on the A pillar are run off the 4" in the dash, the door speakers are run off the rear from the radio

yes upgrading the 4" speakers in the dash will help without rewiring, but it's not an ideal setup and will be difficult to get sounding right

What do you recommend I do then? How would I get it to sound right?

There are a few options

Lose the 4" Speakers in the dash and wire the door Speakers to the tweeter adapter (in place of the 4" speaker) rather than running them off the rear channel of the radio

42 minutes ago, flash22 said:

There are a few options

Lose the 4" speakers in the dash and wire the door speakers to the tweeter adapter (in place of the 4" speaker) rather than running them off the rear channel of the radio

and what about the new Speakers I got?

5 hours ago, flash22 said:

Sell them on ?

Ok... sorry if I'm just misunderstanding but you are saying to only use the door Speakers and to remove the dash Speakers completely? And wire the door Speakers as tweeters? Sorry but it doesn't make much sense...

Can I just wire it like in the diagram? Can you explain that to me because I can't make any sense of it.

I appreciate the help, I am new to all this so it will take me a bit longer to understand.

Currently, you have a 4" and tweeter run off the front channels and the door Speakers run off the rear channels

Run the door Speakers with the tweeters and nothing on the rear channels

the Y lead for the tweeters has a high pass filter built into it

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Currently, you have a 4" and tweeter run off the front channels and the door speakers run off the rear channels

Run the door speakers with the tweeters and nothing on the rear channels

the Y lead for the tweeters has a high pass filter built into it

Ok I’m starting to understand now, so completely disconnect the 4” Speakers and replace that connection with the door Speakers?

Or wire both the door Speakers and 4” speakers to the 4” speaker connection?

14 hours ago, tomnetwork said:

Ok I’m starting to understand now, so completely disconnect the 4” speakers and replace that connection with the door speakers?

Correct.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links